[Closed ] New Cakewalk web installer

That's what I was doing originally, but my D drive is a Raid 5 setup and faster than my C drive, so I thought I would give it a try. But I lost the link to the web installer that would let me try to put it on my D drive, when my C drive died, and am looking for it again.

Edited by John Kinkead
clarity

Any time a full installer is run, as long as the Cakewalk registry entries are not present, the installer shows all install options.

Step 5 in the clean install instructions removes all the Cakewalk registry entries.

If one does not have a full installer, running the Cakewalk Web Installer after removing the registry entries will download a full installer.

There are parts of a CbB installation that go on the system drive regardless of the install options used.

Of course, any part of the DAW and its data may be relocated after install using directory junctions.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, scook said:

Any time a full installer is run, as long as the Cakewalk registry entries are not present, the installer shows all install options.

Step 5 in the clean install instructions removes all the Cakewalk registry entries.

If one does not have a full installer, running the Cakewalk Web Installer after removing the registry entries will download a full installer.

There are parts of a CbB installation that go on the system drive regardless of the install options used.

Of course, any part of the DAW and its data may be relocated after install using directory junctions.

I verified that there no entries in the registry for Cakewalk.

Hi all, I'm new using Cakewalk & BA.

I download the installation file CakewalkSetup.exe with 1719Ko file size, running it on PC without network connection seems not possible ?!!?

So, I download with link at the top of this topic, I get a file : Cakewalk_by_BandLab_Download_Setup_1.0.0.038.exe with 1719Ko file size, then same problem !

How can I install Cakwalk on machine without internet connection ?

6 minutes ago, vidalv said:

Hi all, I'm new using Cakewalk & BA.

I download the installation file CakewalkSetup.exe with 1719Ko file size, running it on PC without network connection seems not possible ?!!?

So, I download with link at the top of this topic, I get a file : Cakewalk_by_BandLab_Download_Setup_1.0.0.038.exe with 1719Ko file size, then same problem !

How can I install Cakwalk on machine without internet connection ?

You need to install BandLab Assistant on another machine that does have an internet connection, and then go through the offline authorisation process:

http://www.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=Cakewalk&language=3&help=NewFeatures.24.html

Hi and thank you @msmcleod.

It's a bit abscond as a process, you must first install a first software to install another ?!!?  Ok why not.

On the link you send it's seems not that ? (or I'm not right)

Snap1.jpg.207928712f6713b1170a968facc0f4a8.jpg

"1. In Cakewalk, go to Help > Offline Activation > Export Activation Request to open the Save activation request dialog box."

Hum, to retrieve the activation file that the software must be on the Offline PC !!! But it's my first question, how is it installed?

Hi everyone. The Cakewalk Web Installer has now been officially released. To download it, choose Download and then pick the Cakewalk Installer instead of BandLab assistant. Note that once you have Cakewalk installed all subsequent updates can be done directly from within the application via Help | Check for updates. Notifications for available updates are also automatically shown by default.

There is no need to use BandLab assistant now unless you wish to do offline authorization for Cakewalk, or you want access to BandLab loops.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 6

On 1/29/2022 at 12:27 PM, Noel Borthwick said:

Hi everyone. The Cakewalk Web Installer has now been officially released. To download it, choose Download and then pick the Cakewalk Installer instead of BandLab assistant. Note that once you have Cakewalk installed all subsequent updates can be done directly from within the application via Help | Check for updates. Notifications for available updates are also automatically shown by default.

There is no need to use BandLab assistant now unless you wish to do offline authorization for Cakewalk, or you want access to BandLab loops.

This is great.

Maybe this http://www.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=Cakewalk&language=3&help=Introduction.30.html could use a little rewrite.

• Thanks 2
  • Great Idea 4