0db Reset

Will.

Can we get Cakewalk to reset different volume/gain and pan values to 0dB simultaneously, with the CTRL+FADER/GAIN/PAN-POTS DOUBLE CLICK command key - when tracks are highlighted in pairs/groups, or all. 

• Meh 1

3 hours ago, Bill Phillips said:

So your complaint is you want to double-click rather than click and drag?

Complaint? Where do you see one? 

There's a difference between a Complaint and a Request

But to answer, yep - exactly that. All need to reset to 0db without extra things being done. With gain, the drag and click dont work at all. It only resets similar values to 0db and the rest in + value differences. 

Edited by Will_Kaydo

2 hours ago, Will_Kaydo said:

Complaint? Where do you see one?

Sorry. I corrected my response. I see your point. I agree having a way to use Quick Groups and double-click to zero multiple fader or rotary controls would be helpful. CTRL+ Double-click currently zeros the control clicked and moves the rest of the group a relative amount. Redefining CTRL + Double-click to do to a Quick Group what double-click does to a single control makes sense to me.

2 hours ago, Will_Kaydo said:

With gain, the drag and click dont work at all. It only resets similar values to 0bd and the rest in + value differences. 

Watch those GIFs again. The control with the highest value is first CTRL + dragged to zero or minus infinity and released moving all quick grouped controls to the lowest value. Then CTRL+ Double-click on any of the now identically set controls moves all controls to zero. So it's a two step process but it works for Gain and Fader, but I tried it for Pan and it doesn't seem to work.  See GIF below. When I select the Pan knob in the group furthest right and drag it left the other Pan knobs stop moving as soon as the one not being dragged furthest left reaches 100% left. That response seems different than that for the Gain and Fader controls. Is that a bug, intended operation, or am I doing something wrong?

iSowz5a.gif

1 hour ago, Bill Phillips said:

Sorry. I corrected my response. I see your point. I agree having a way to use Quick Groups and double-click to zero multiple fader or rotary controls would be helpful. CTRL+ Double-click currently zeros the control clicked and moves the rest of the group a relative amount. Redefining CTRL + Double-click to do to a Quick Group what double-click does to a single control makes sense to me.

Watch those GIFs again. The control with the highest value is first CTRL + dragged to zero or minus infinity and released moving all quick grouped controls to the lowest value. Then CTRL+ Double-click on any of the now identically set controls moves all controls to zero. So it's a two step process but it works for Gain and Fader, but I tried it for Pan and it doesn't seem to work.  See GIF below. When I select the Pan knob in the group furthest right and drag it left the other Pan knobs stop moving as soon as the one not being dragged furthest left reaches 100% left. That response seems different than that for the Gain and Fader controls. Is that a bug, intended operation, or am I doing something wrong?

iSowz5a.gif

Honestly don't know if it's bug | OR | intended. The point of the request is: to have reset to 0db just by ctrl+double click without dragging. 

Now watch my video carefully on the gains. Look at their different values. 

Edited by Will_Kaydo