Plugin Boutique - iZotope Phoenix Verb free with any purchase

filo

I wish PB would have something for those of us who bought Phoenix verb through them. Some way of transferring the offer to a similarly priced plugin. For example: I don't have all the izotope verbs, so if I could swap the Phoenix for Nimbus, if be a happy camper.

Just an idea

It doesn't appear you are eligible for the FREEBIE if you already bought PhoenixVverb through PB.  It says I already own it and doesn't give me the option to add it...  Hrmph.

Edited by mibby
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Philip G Hunt said:

if I could swap the Phoenix for Nimbus, if be a happy camper.

So would everyone. That's like saying I wish they would let me have nectar 3 instead of nectar elements.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mibby said:

It doesn't appear you are eligible for the FREEBIE if you already bought PhoenixVverb through PB.  It says I already own it and doesn't give me the option to add it...  Hrmph.

I'll write to them asking why they wouldn't allow us have it second time, they don't loose anything. You could write them too if you feel like that, so there would be more of us.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chris.r said:

I'll write to them asking why they wouldn't allow us have it second time, they don't loose anything. You could write them too if you feel like that, so there would be more of us.

My guess is that they will tell you to just set up a new account and get it that way. That's what they have told me to do in the past.

1 minute ago, paulo said:

My guess is that they will tell you to just set up a new account and get it that way. That's what they have told me to do in the past.

I'll take my chance as they used to be very responsive in my experience. You could be right though.

4 minutes ago, abacab said:

The Exponential Audio plugins only offer 1 license via iLok authorization.

Correct but you can buy more than one seat, which is what I did last year with both R4 and Phoenix.  Just shows up as a separate 1/1 in the account.  If PB doesn't let you get it if you purchased from them previous that would be odd, since many people want more than one seat.  

2 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

Correct but you can buy more than one seat, which is what I did last year with both R4 and Phoenix.  Just shows up as a separate 1/1 in the account.  If PB doesn't let you get it if you purchased from them previous that would be odd, since many people want more than one seat.  

I got R4 and Nimbus thru iZotope, and Phoenix thru PiB...

Yeah, it's odd that people who bought it won't get an extra seat. However, it makes a kind of sense in that iZotope are probably hoping that if they give away one seat, it will inspire the recipient to pay for another. I have to say, PhoenixVerb is about the best advertisement for iZotope's reverb technology I can think of. Of course, the idea with these loss leaders is to get money from people (in the long run), not to let them keep their money.

Still, seems petty when you're handing out free licenses to snub people who've already given you money for it. Might foster a bit of ill will toward iZotope, but as the purveyors of the Exponential technology, it's their game.

The one I'm hoping for a second cheap/free seat for is R2.

Whatever, this situation is what my, uh, housemate's account is for. The one I let use my PayPal account.😉 She never buys anything over $10.