A moving Meditation

Wookiee

Sometimes I like to practice a little Tai Chi, our teacher described it as a Moving Meditation.  You may need to be a little patience with this as it does take a few moments to get moving and is 8:11 long.

Mixed and finalised in Cakewalk By Bandlab using mainly Default Pro Channel FX + Span and Youlean

Toys used

Instrument's
Arturia's
Stage 73 V Version 2
CS 80 V Version 3
SEM V Version 2
Synclavier V Version 1 

FX 
Arturia's Phaser Bi-Tron
Audiority's Echo'T7E  Mk II
Audiothing's Outer Space
Overloud's Breverb

11 hours ago, Bert Guy said:

I do a bit of music meditation myself and the first half of this piece works well for me.  

Cheers,

Bert

Thanks. This Tai Chi is a little strange in the 108 positions or moves of what they called a set most transitions were smooth but a few are explosive. 

Good to know some of it works for you. 

Wookiee . . . it was a moving meditation ! (except for the traffic sounds panning in and out - outside my window) . . . in the middle section I saw some whales, hope that's normal, maybe just in Canada. Your 8:11 was the most relaxing part of my day, maybe I need to stay in more ?

• Thanks 1

On 7/3/2021 at 11:09 AM, Bajan Blue said:

Cool track Wookie - just what I needed this morning, calm my furrowed brow sort of thing!

Nigel

Glad to easy the start of your day Nigel, thanks for the time and ears plus your comment.

Love the delay on those early chords, if you really focus you can hear the notes naturally decay to nothing. I also really liked the panning at around the 4:00 minute mark.

Great track to zone out to.

Andy

• Thanks 1

I was into Tai Chi for a while. All we had for music was boring New Age stuff, nothing like your kind of JM Jarre style track.
Really good use of those synths at your disposal.
Very relaxing, relaxing ... and then I became alert ~4:00  😀
-Bjorn

• Thanks 1

On 7/4/2021 at 5:13 PM, AndyB01 said:

love the delay on those early chords, if you really focus you can hear the notes naturally decay to nothing.

I quite litterly played the chords peddle down and just waited for the sound to die away to nothing, then Moved on to the next chord.

Glad you enjoyed it.

On 7/5/2021 at 5:32 AM, bjornpdx said:

Very relaxing, relaxing ... and then I became alert ~4:00  😀

Sorry about that but there are some positions that do require some rapid movement, I am glad to know you enjoyed.

18 hours ago, AndyB01 said:

Of course, I meant to say 'I love the decay on those early chords' but you got the point 🙂

Got to love autocorrect 😂

I understood what you meant Andy.