I hope it will be not Sonar X2 style accessibility...

May be you know, I have tried to make X3 at least somehow usable accessible way. So, accessible control surfaces setups for Cakewalk exists (generic and more flexible then NI solution). But there is no content API for surfaces (access to items, automations, takes, etc.) and that should not be forgotten. In practice even with accessible GUI the best solutions (Sonar 8, REAPER, Samplitude) could not be made without extra packages, and such packages prefer direct access to the DAW specific staff. Well, it can happened Cakewalk can construct reasonable object tree inside standard accessibility framework so such extra package is not required at all or can be constructed solely as a screen reader module. But from my knowledge probably it will ends as usual, with declared accessibility but almost or completely unusable.

@azslow3 thanks. Its a complicated problem. We will likely be extending the Microsoft accessibility framework that we currently use. We’re aware that our current implementation falls short in several ways.  If you are interested in providing feedback on this we will be happy to share a build with you when we get closer to this.

• Like 1

Hi I'm very excited to here this I'm very patient I do also have Reaper with Osara.  The reason why I want to use cakewalk is because It's free and I have over 3 albums of projects recorded and I want to play those songs live with my one-man-band project Piece of Bloody Steel.  I play guitar and do vocals.  It is a electronic death metal project.  I use ezdrummer2 superior drummer2 and the roland tr-808 and 909 software composers.  I was using the Mc-909 groove box for the electronics but have since moved on to using the real thing because I was using samples before.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

I'm very excited that the plugin menus are now accessible with screen readers in the latest version of Cakewalke.  Keep up the good work.  I would love to control the track volume, gain and panning with hotkeys.  It looks like a control surface is going to be the way to go since I have the BCF2000 for now.  Now to learn the new keyboard shortcuts since Sonar 8.5

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I realize this topic is over a year old but I am quite disappointed with the slow improvement in accessibility with screen readers. I am having a horrid time with JAWS 2023 and Cakewalk. If there is something I am missing in setup I would appreciate some clear instructions. I am also a previous user of CakeTalking and it is very disruptive to have to cope with such back-steps in access while trying to work forward in recording.