Does Cakewalk need a sampler

Anany Chaurasia

Does anyone want sampler in cakewalk If yes then discuss and ask cakewalk engineer 

When it comes to me I think the best sampler is FL sampler with so much of features and very easy to use 

And I want very similar sampler for cakewalk too. 

😇😇😇😇

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Anany Chaurasia said:

Does anyone want sampler in cakewalk If yes then discuss and ask cakewalk engineer 

When it comes to me I think the best sampler is FL sampler with so much of features and very easy to use 

😇😇😇😇

This has already been requested multiple times both here and the old Sonar forums

https://discuss.cakewalk.com/index.php?/topic/1148-seamless-deeply-intergrated-sampler/

On 7/1/2021 at 3:28 PM, Anany Chaurasia said:

😇😇😇😇

+1

• Like 1

Sound great. Just some more ideas / questions on this:

What would be the exact benefits of having a native cakewalk sampler in comparison to VST samplers like Momentum,

ADSR etc. regarding the workflow? Would it be a real time saver? What would be the integration points in cakewalk's

media browser etc.?

I think a more detailed view on these advantages could better demonstrate the need of e.g. a loop construction view++

including a midi controlled use of the slices. Let's find some more brainstorms.

BTW: Isn't it possible to use FL Studio as a VST plugin in Cakewalk? Does maybe even its sampler work in this case?

AlTheBest2U

Personally I don't think so. We can just install any samples.

However, I would like a sampler track like in Cubase. I don't know the details. But having something like that baked into a DAW is better than having a pre installed sampler

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

On 7/4/2021 at 11:27 PM, michheld said:

Sound great. Just some more ideas / questions on this:

What would be the exact benefits of having a native cakewalk sampler in comparison to VST samplers like Momentum,

ADSR etc. regarding the workflow? Would it be a real time saver? What would be the integration points in cakewalk's

media browser etc.?

I think a more detailed view on these advantages could better demonstrate the need of e.g. a loop construction view++

including a midi controlled use of the slices. Let's find some more brainstorms.

BTW: Isn't it possible to use FL Studio as a VST plugin in Cakewalk? Does maybe even its sampler work in this case?

AlTheBest2U

I have been telling cakewalk they need a sampler since Sonar 6. Third party solutions are great, but a sampler that is integrated into DAW workflow is more efficient.  I rely on third party samplers like Searato for features that are more specialized, but having and idea slowed by workarounds is a creativity killing process. For example:

If I find myself inspired by a loop in Studio One or Ableton, i can have it chopped and mapped in sampler or drum machine in two clicks. No need to even pause unless desired task is more advanced. Trust me when i say this is so much faster. Momentum is nice but it's a sledge hammer for thumbtacks when it comes to basic sampling needs. ADSR is more of a library than a sampler and also has it's own issues (like sample folders suddenly becoming greyed out and unavailable)

Using something like FL Studio as a plugin is possible but the workflow can be kind of frustrating. I have been working on a template for MPC beats in cakewalk that is a little less awkward, but unfortunately sometimes cakewalk fails to load it properly.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, dubdisciple said:

I have been telling cakewalk they need a sampler since Sonar 6.

IKR ! Probably could have kept it's position as one of the major DAWs if they had, others just overtook them with easier workflow for the kids. Now those kids are today's influencers and artists.

19 minutes ago, dubdisciple said:

If I find myself inspired by a loop in Studio One or Ableton, i can have it chopped and mapped in sampler or drum machine in two clicks. No need to even pause unless desired task is more advanced. Trust me when i say this is so much faster.

Having tried ADSR Sample Manager which seems to have stability issues in Cakewalk despite numerous updates I gave LoopCloud a go...wow...what a difference.

V6 is a subscription only deal now with loads of content etc.  but older versions were free like ADSR then you would pay for premium content if you wanted it to work with more than just your locally stored samples.  

If Cakewalk could introduce anything like it built into the DAW it  would be killer

35 minutes ago, Mark Morgon-Shaw said:

IKR ! Probably could have kept it's position as one of the major DAWs if they had, others just overtook them with easier workflow for the kids. Now those kids are today's influencers and artists.

Having tried ADSR Sample Manager which seems to have stability issues in Cakewalk despite numerous updates I gave LoopCloud a go...wow...what a difference.

V6 is a subscription only deal now with loads of content etc.  but older versions were free like ADSR then you would pay for premium content if you wanted it to work with more than just your locally stored samples.  

If Cakewalk could introduce anything like it built into the DAW it  would be killer

ADSR sample manager grew on me. I hate that loopcloud does no allow you o use your credits unless you have a paid membership.

On 7/6/2021 at 10:44 PM, AdK Studios said:

However, I would like a sampler track like in Cubase. I don't know the details. But having something like that baked into a DAW is better than having a pre installed sampler

Bro first of all I see ur videos on YouTube. And haven't u tried FL sampler. Plz tell me I am curious. 

On 7/6/2021 at 10:14 AM, AdK Studios said:

I could be reading you wrong, but having a baked in sampler is very different than using a third party.  i have several third party samplers and the workflow is just not the same.  This is va primary reason why it has always been a hard sell for me to get yot hto use cakewalk

On 7/5/2021 at 1:27 AM, michheld said:

We all would like to see a sampler in Cakewalk... They know we need a sampler in Cakewalk but it just hasn't happened yet ... They have a new sampler in the Bandlab app but not Cakewalk...🤔 It's very interesting that for year people have been asking and it seems to get looked over. I know there are other things that are priority but they should stop ignoring the intergated sampler in Cakewalk. Just my 2 cents. +1

• Like 2

Actually a native sampler is really needed in cakewalk. For the past few months I tried out different samplers like Grace, Komplete Start, ADSR Sampler and a few more external samplers.

They work really fine. But the real issue happens when you transfer the project to another computer (Like I do) where your samples are located in a different directory.

These External samplers don't work then. They just simply show that the audio file is not available. 

And it's really hard to just go and search for them again. (Waste of Time Basically) 

A stock sampler will definitely take care of this problem as it will pack the audio with itself in the project folder.

• Like 2

On 7/8/2021 at 1:37 AM, Anany Chaurasia said:

And haven't u tried FL sampler.

Yes I have. And I think it is the best Sampler I have ever used. The other one that is close to this would be that of Ableton.
& thank  you for the support! 😊

On 7/8/2021 at 8:40 AM, dubdisciple said:

I could be reading you wrong, but having a baked in sampler is very different than using a third party.

Yep. you read me wrong.

I don't  want an in-built sampler if its going to behave like any other Sampler.

However, I actually want the feature, but in the form of a Sampler Track, like in Cubase. It is a heavily integrated sampler. Seeing how similar the UI of Cubase and CbB is, I imagine the sampler UI could be docked in the Multi-Dock.

If everyone was implying this level of integration when they said in-built sampler, "take my upvote". 🤑

Step07-copy-696x359.jpg.d6f5ea6aa323479b898a024a25028f40.jpg

• Like 1

On 7/8/2021 at 2:00 AM, Xel Ohh said:

They have a new sampler in the Bandlab app but not Cakewalk...🤔 

maybe they're testing it out on the unsuspecting masses before building it into CbB 😉 best to get bugs and workflows sorted as much as possible with people looking for an easy to use integrated sampler before unleashing on the CW crowd (who tend to be tougher on marginal features 😛 )

5 minutes ago, Glenn Stanton said:

(who tend to be tougher on marginal features 😛 )

Marginal ?  It's been essential for about a decade at least,  I'm convinced that not having a good sample workflow  is one of the key reasons Sonar/CW declined in popularity.  

Much as I enjoy using it, I understand it's a non-starter for my kids, Nieces, Nephews. They just expect audio to almost be the same as flexible as midi ..grab audio , play samples chromatically , loop them, slice and dice them instantly.  That's how they like to produce and CBB doesn't really support that workflow very easily.   

I find it sad that CBB is an also ran, it's not even mentioned a lot of the time in manufacturers blurb about which DAWs their products are compatible with, yet Sonar used to be referenced a lot.  

Personally I am very happy with CBB and my workflow is more Midi & VI based but we are ignoring a huge share of the potential user base and a lot of them are probably Bandlab Users 

• Like 2