MODO Month - Up to 70% off MODO BASS and MODO DRUM

Peter - IK Multimedia

9 hours ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

I don't quite know the specifics of your issue, have you reported it to the IK Support team?  If so, they'll be able to give you a status on any fixes and you can reply to your ticket any time to get that status.  If you have not, I am not sure the issue would get fixed unless reported by you or someone else/others.

Hi Pete, thanks for reply. You actually got me thinking now that I'm the only one with this issue. For whatever reason I thought everyone has got it, I think I've even seen it on one of youtube walkthrough videos and the guy had the same issue.

Each time a new update has been released I was downloading and installing the whole gigabytes shebang with one belief that it's finally fixed, LOL. Now I now I should report to the support so I will. Thx

MODOd1.gif

Thanks for the GIF (however one chooses to pronounce it) I'll check it out on a Windows 10 machine too, at least out of curiosity but still good to report to support as they'll reference against any other reports and if they've already got a workaround they will let you know and if not they'll get it resolved ASAP.  Thanks!

• Like 1

Yep, the arrow buttons (as shown in the GIF) are still broken as far as incrementing thru the presets. But the other buttons seem to work fine.

However, if you use the preset pulldown menu to select a different preset, the arrow buttons will then revert you back to the same 2 presets as above...

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, abacab said:

Yep, the arrow buttons (as shown in the GIF) are still broken as far as incrementing thru the presets. But the other buttons seem to work fine.

However, if you use the preset pulldown menu to select a different preset, the arrow buttons will then revert you back to the same 2 presets as above...

Thanks, that's exactly what I see here since v1. Maybe I wrongly assumed it was already reported a million times, LOL.

2 minutes ago, chris.r said:

Thanks, that's exactly what I see here since v1. Maybe I wrongly assumed it was already reported a million times, LOL.

Well I never noticed it until you brought it up. Apparently never tried the up/down arrows... 🤪

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, chris.r said:

I relayed this to our Testing Manager.  I'm going to assume the same thing, and if that is the case (likely) he'll bump the existing bug entry to see why it still exists.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, chris.r said:

Seeing v1.1.3 update available. Nobody talking about it, think I'll have to just go and download the whole 6GB shebang myself only to find out whether the preset buttons are fixed or not. Or not.

I see that too! Downloading now! :)

31 minutes ago, abacab said:

Not sure what the 1.1.3 update was all about, but the buttons are still behaving as before ...

That was just too quick fix to be real. Probably fixing some regression introduced in 1.1.2... a very common pattern nowadays.

• Like 1

On 7/18/2021 at 7:28 PM, abacab said:

Not sure what the 1.1.3 update was all about, but the buttons are still behaving as before ...

Modeling the drums was piece of cake.  The team has been struggling to model up and down arrows as it has proven extremely technically difficult.  The physics behind the modeling are so extreme they have a whole team of phd’s going up and down elevators trying to understand what happens when you press up and then down.

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, InstrEd said:

IK does have nice stuff

That they do. I have never regretted getting anything for IK.

1 minute ago, kevin H said:

The team has been struggling to model up and down arrows as it has proven extremely technically difficult.

Oh that was a good one!!

• Like 2