MODO Month - Up to 70% off MODO BASS and MODO DRUM

Peter - IK Multimedia

I'm not much of a rock person, although I do admire some of the usual icons' crativity. My first introduction to "this kind of music" was when I found some of my dad's C cassettes and just checked them out of curiosity. It was probably the second time I felt in a concrete way my musical horizon expanding in a brief moment. It was Jimi Hendrix. The world of sounds was amazing. I was probably about 11 years old. (The first time was when my dad gave me a C cassette of Jarre's Oxygene and said "listen to this, it'll take you into space.")

After that it's been Metallica, D-A-D, Nirvana, Offspring (before Americana), Bob Dylan, Led Zeppelin and a bunch of others. In my 17's I discovered electronic music (for the first time since Jarre), western classical music, followed by ethnomusic/folk, and for the next decade or so I listened to very little anything else. I had a phase during which I only listened to rap. I can still digest anything, except "heavy metal", or mostly any sort of "metal" for that matter... It just makes me feel crap. I also don't like modern jazz with its meaningless melodic content.

I've seen Roger Waters live, although I'm not a huge fan of Pink Floyd. My favorite tracks from them are Atom Heart Mother and High Hopes.

Edited by sarine

1 hour ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

It means "way" in Italian so I'll pretend we were ahead of The Mandolorian and knew that THIS is the way, modeled bass and drums more so than a cute little Yoda baby.

the real question is where is modo GTR ?!!

• Great Idea 1

20 hours ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

We are still working on physically modeling the Steves Hackett and Howe but they are proving a bit grumpy as we poke and prod them.

The begining of the sentence made me confident lol

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, chris.r said:

I asked in the other thread but nobody seems to answer there. Are the Windows' MODO Drums' preset buttons fixed yet in the new update?

I don't quite know the specifics of your issue, have you reported it to the IK Support team?  If so, they'll be able to give you a status on any fixes and you can reply to your ticket any time to get that status.  If you have not, I am not sure the issue would get fixed unless reported by you or someone else/others.