MODO Month - Up to 70% off MODO BASS and MODO DRUM

Peter - IK Multimedia

2 minutes ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

I was about to say Rush was my favorite of the bands mentioned so far in that subplot but you just HAD to throw the national treasure Weird Al into it didn't you?? :D

Sorry - I shouldn't have gone nuclear on you like that, Peter!!!  I'll second the vote re: Rush but it's a tie with Floyd.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Marc Cormier said:

Sorry - I shouldn't have gone nuclear on you like that, Peter!!!  I'll second the vote re: Rush but it's a tie with Floyd.

I think we have similar tastes.  Rush was my first love but Pink Floyd is probably played as much if not more here.  I have never seen Floyd with Waters unfortunately as that would have been difficult since they broke up when I was pretty young but I did get to see them five times in the same NY/NJ stretch of the Momentary Lapse of Reason tour which was still an amazing experience.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

I think we have similar tastes.  Rush was my first love but Pink Floyd is probably played as much if not more here.  I have never seen Floyd with Waters unfortunately as that would have been difficult since they broke up when I was pretty young but I did get to see them five times in the same NY/NJ stretch of the Momentary Lapse of Reason tour which was still an amazing experience.

Closest I ever came to anyone in Pink Floyd was meeting Bob Geldof before sun up at an empty cafe, trackside at Paddington Station.  He invited my colleague and I over, saying "I don't want to read this bloody paper all by myself!"  It might not have been Waters, but it was Geldof.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

I think we have similar tastes.

Yeah I think we all do!!

I seen Floyd with Rogers for the the Animals tour. They played Animals in it's entirety then played most of DSOTM.

And for me my first taste of prog was Floyd. DSOTM.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Grem said:

Yeah I think we all do!!

I seen Floyd with Rogers for the the Animals tour. They played Animals in it's entirety then played most of DSOTM.

And for me my first taste of prog was Floyd. DSOTM.

When I was a wee little lad, there was a radio station out of Seattle that used to play new release albums in their entirety with no commercial breaks on Tuesday night. Even over crappy staticky radio speakers, I was blown away by DSOTM and that set the course for my love for prog. I also heard Tubular Bells for the first time the same way. Sadly I never did see Floyd live.

1 hour ago, Doug Rintoul said:

Sadly I never did see Floyd live.

I got a story behind that. We had just got off work, picked upo the girls and was hauling ***** to get to the concert before they started. The car started running hot... so we would stop and go find water in the ditches and fill the radiator back up. It was only about a 45ml ride, so it wasn't too bad. After the second stop one of the girls said "Why do all of this? It's just a rock band?" Me and my buddy told her if she didn't grab some water and help she would be walking! 

Needless to say after the concert they understood what we were trying to go see, an event, not a rock concert. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Grem said:

I seen Floyd with Rogers for the the Animals tour.

My first and only live Floyd concert! Good times! Houston TX...

They played Animals in it's entirety then played most of DSOTM.

Yes!!! 😎

And the flying pig on the wire!

Edited by abacab
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Grem said:

I got a story behind that. We had just got off work, picked upo the girls and was hauling ***** to get to the concert before they started. The car started running hot... so we would stop and go find water in the ditches and fill the radiator back up. It was only about a 45ml ride, so it wasn't too bad. After the second stop one of the girls said "Why do all of this? It's just a rock band?" Me and my buddy told her if she didn't grab some water and help she would be walking! 

Just a rock band? Just a rock band? Them's fighting words. I am glad she saw the errors of her ways.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3