Wonderment-Original

Johnbee58

Hi John . . . always a good listen . . . great piano playing and surprise instrumentation, and you sure do like that melodic Trilian Bass throughout. I haven't heard much lower bass / kick frequencies in your recent songs. Sure, clear sounding recordings, but not much low end punch . . . you might be missing a whole frequency range to add some extra drama to the overall feel. I like the stops you use here in a few places, effective, and helps the song breathe out a bit. You have a very unique sound in all your songs . . . that's a good thing, doesn't sound like anyone else. (okay, maybe occasionally Boz Scaggs)

• Thanks 1

Kurt, Jack & Noynekker-Thanks so much for listening, guys.

15 minutes ago, John Vere said:

Sounds excellent on my phone which sadly enough counts for a lot these days. Good stuff. 

You're right, John.  That's how I figure most people listen nowadays too, which is why I always give it a listen on my phone after I upload. I'm especially glad it sounds excellent on your phone because not all phones are alike in that respect. 🙂

🙂 John B

Edited by Johnbee58

Ya. No point adding a lot of sub bass  which very few people have the equipment to hear it. 
On the phone and then in the car via Bluetooth is about it these days. 
We just sold our 95 Bmw that had a cassette player. The “new” 2015 Hyundai has Some fancy stereo I have to read the manual for but it probably can play from my iphone. 

• Like 1

Sounds great over here, I like the way you bring in the different instruments and different sections, I like the backing vocals and really like the bass. Sounds real clean and well produced. And has a great message too !

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, treesha said:

Sounds great over here, I like the way you bring in the different instruments and different sections, I like the backing vocals and really like the bass. Sounds real clean and well produced. And has a great message too !

Thank so much, Treesha.

🙂 John B

• Like 1

I like the style of your tunes - there's a bit of a lounge-jazzy type of vibe to this one. I thought the mix sounded quite good to my ears - plenty of separation for the instruments.  I really liked the bass in the intro as well.

Your piano playing is always excellent - nicely done.

• Thanks 1

On 7/5/2021 at 12:30 AM, bjornpdx said:

I really, really liked this one John. May be the best one I've heard from you.  And I know just what you mean about the Northern Lights and Wonderment. Beautiful.

-Bjorn

Thanks, Bjorn.

😀JB

• 3 weeks later...