Cubase Upgrades on Sale 40% off

telecode 101

or...if your a bit OCD and can't do that, grab it cheaper and use it straight away!

$143.00 AUD for me, from 10 to 11. hmmmm......not bad. Will have to investigate.

Sale ends August the 1st.

I wonder if Presonus are planning any upgrade deals for Studio One.

Edited by Tezza

The reason I don't try to save money is that the newest version is supposed to be the one with the most bug fixes.   Not always--sometimes an update adds problems.  So I wait until the summer to let them fix the bugs. And I save a few bucks too.

When I have a problem with 10.5 I always wonder if other people had the same problem and complained to Steinberg about it.  So the latest version of 11 might fix it.

Removing stress from my music-making is more important than saving a few dollars on Cubase updates. 

For a similar reason I buy NI instruments I want instead of waiting for the next version of Komplete.  This year I resold all my instruments except for MALLET FLUX within a week or two.  Paying a few dollars extra for EAST ASIA is worth it to me to get it and play it for two years.

• Like 1

FWIW.. I have not decided yet.. but if I do, i would get it and sit on it until 11.5 or 12.5 ..

but.. the great unknown is.. Stein/Yamaha *may* be changing their licensing model .. I have no idea how this may or may not impact activation codes that are released today but will attempt to be registered in 2022 or 2023.

FWIW, I've noticed that Cubase 11's ultra-low latency performance is a significant improvement vs. version 10.

ie:  With version 11, I can run Helix Native at 96k using a 32-sample ASIO buffer size (1ms total round-trip latency)... with zero glitches.

Version 10 was more prone to ASIO buffer peak overloads (glitches).

Edited by Jim Roseberry
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 1

Got the Pro upgrade...Thanks!

Studio One user.......don't use midi... also got Cubase when Cake went south....usually grab the Cubase upgrades and hold 'em for the free upgrades later...

Edited by mcmd
typo

It's not only 0.5 to full. I've held Cubase update codes without registering them for more than a cycle. The way I've observed it works is:

The version you're upgrading from is fixed to a specific version number (or range of versions, depending on what you buy). E.g., if you buy an upgrade for 10.5 -> 11 you cannot use it for 7.5 -> 11

Your eLicenser will get a license for the latest available version at the time of registration. This applies to full licenses as well, not just updates/upgrades

Examples:

• I bought an update code for Cubase 7.5 -> 10 in May 2019 and registered it at the end of last year, I got a license for Cubase 11
  • I bought an old boxed version of Dorico 1.0 in August last year that was on clearance (from an amazon.com marketplace seller). When I registered it I got a license for Dorico 3.5

This is how it worked in the past but as far as I know it is not in any "contract" or entitlement. It is a very generous policy so it shouldn't be too surprising if Steinberg decides to change it at some point in the future, YMMV

42 minutes ago, Eusebio Rufian-Zilbermann said:

It's not only 0.5 to full. I've held Cubase update codes without registering them for more than a cycle. The way I've observed it works is:

The version you're upgrading from is fixed to a specific version number (or range of versions, depending on what you buy). E.g., if you buy an upgrade for 10.5 -> 11 you cannot use it for 7.5 -> 11

Your eLicenser will get a license for the latest available version at the time of registration. This applies to full licenses as well, not just updates/upgrades

Examples:

• I bought an update code for Cubase 7.5 -> 10 in May 2019 and registered it at the end of last year, I got a license for Cubase 11
  • I bought an old boxed version of Dorico 1.0 in August last year that was on clearance (from an amazon.com marketplace seller). When I registered it I got a license for Dorico 3.5

This is how it worked in the past but as far as I know it is not in any "contract" or entitlement. It is a very generous policy so it shouldn't be too surprising if Steinberg decides to change it at some point in the future, YMMV

yes. that is how it works. i am not cetrain if things will change though. my understanding is they are working on removing elicencer.

21 hours ago, Jim Roseberry said:

FWIW, I've noticed that Cubase 11's ultra-low latency performance is a significant improvement vs. version 10.

ie:  With version 11, I can run Helix Native at 96k using a 32-sample ASIO buffer size (1ms total round-trip latency)... with zero glitches.

Version 10 was more prone to ASIO buffer peak overloads (glitches).

Jim when you say 10 do you include 10.5 ? 

Thks for the infos !!

Edited by Zo

On 7/2/2021 at 6:20 AM, Eusebio Rufian-Zilbermann said:

Examples:

Eusebio Rufian-Zilbermann tell me please

I already have Cubase pro 10.5.
if I'll buy now the "Cubase 11 pro Update" and  hold it without registering  for example 2 years
once they release 12 version and only then I will register "Cubase 11 pro Update" will I be able to received automatic grace update to 12 version for free? 🙂

Thanks you

Edited by Leok85

58 minutes ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

Aside from @Jim Roseberry's comments on latency, what features do you like the most about 11?    I'm on 10.5.

The one that got me exited is the input chord thing , like input suantise but you re in song key , you can play like stid and still be on key lol perfect for me ....lool 

• Like 1