Clicks and pops random when export to mp3

Guillermo Diaz

Question

9 answers to this question

8 hours ago, Guillermo Diaz said:

When I exported my mixes to mp3 direct from Cakewalk,  i noticed that generates random clicks and pops and the mix doesn't have any of this noises.

Do the random clicks and pops happen with slow bounce?

28 minutes ago, Guillermo Diaz said:

No, this clicks are different, i know thw clipping noise sounds like distortion, this is more like if you make noises with a turntable

Too much effect of the Console and Tape Emulators (The more tracks you add, the more of the effect is being added.) 

It could be the recording too at "high volume" or fan noises. 

It could be anything - as there's not enough information for us to go by. 

All I can say is MP3 need to be mastered a little lower than WAV. 
Do you use any mastering plug ins that shows your true peak and LUFS? Like the youlean loudness meter or Span. 
I don’t use cakewalks MP3 converter I always export audio as a wave and then convert to MP3 in Gold Wave 

3 hours ago, John Vere said:

All I can say is MP3 need to be mastered a little lower than WAV. 
Do you use any mastering plug ins that shows your true peak and LUFS? Like the youlean loudness meter or Span. 
I don’t use cakewalks MP3 converter I always export audio as a wave and then convert to MP3 in Gold Wave 

i dont know how to describe it, its more like glitches, one note, when i exported to Wav, none of this clicks are present. Maybe i will what you do.

What I like about Gold Wave is it has the batch conversation so I can produce an album as wave, then I can top and tail add fade out etc   Using Gold Wave or Wave Lab. I have the paid version of Youlean loudness meter so I can drag and drop the tracks to check their peak and LUFS. THEN I batch process to 160 or higher MP3. Never had an issue in the years I’ve worked this way. 
I master to -0.8 true peak and -14 LUFS