65% off SynthMaster 2.9 by KV331 Audio. Normally €83, now only €29

VSTBuzz

KV331-Audio-SynthMaster.jpg?featured

Deal: 65% off "SynthMaster 2.9" by KV331 Audio

Value: €83

Discount: 65% off

Price: €29

Grab the deal now on http://www.VSTBuzz.com

"SynthMaster 2.9" is an 'all-around' semi-modular software synthesizer and effects plugin that features many different synthesis methods including VA, Additive, Wavetable, Phase Modulation, Frequency Modulation, Pulse Width Modulation, Ring Modulation, Amplitude Modulation, Physical Modeling and SFZ Sample Playback synthesis. With 1400 inspiring Factory Presets and a massive modulation architecture, SynthMaster 2.9 is a 'must-have' for all synthesizer enthusiasts!

Grab the deal now on http://www.VSTBuzz.com!

54 minutes ago, Doug Rintoul said:

Well, 2.9.9 is pretty close to 3 if you round it up. 

Been rounding it up for two years now  :(

Edith: you cheeky *****. 

Edited by Fleer
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, InstrEd said:

Any clue as to what version 3 would bring to the table?

Synth anatomy posted this (dec 2020) when 2.9.9 was released.

”Synthmaster 2.9.9 is out now and clears the way to SynthMaster 3. According to the developers, they have re-engineered the internal framework [and] their effects for the SynthMaster 3 development. But don’t panic, people who already own or are just buying SM2 can upgrade to SM3 for $ 29, once it’s out. ”

separately kv331 says 3.0 will be out Q4 2021, see link below

https://www.kv331audio.com/synthmastereverythingbundle.aspx

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, InstrEd said:

Any clue as to what version 3 would bring to the table?

Bulent said (5 years ago):

For v3.0, we'll add

1. New sample content
2. New wavetable content
3. granular synthesis
4. formant filters
5. wavetable / sample editing features
6. redesigned GUI

And then 1 year ago Bulent said:

I haven't updated SynthMaster 2.9 since December 2018. I know it's been a while. But v2.9.9 will be a major update, although the version number has a minor increment I will try to address all existing issues as much as I can (except some cosmetic issues with the older gray/orange/blue skins, those are hard to maintain). Hopefuly we'll release a beta in 2-3 weeks.

And in May 2021 Bulent said:

For those of you who're asking "hey what about SynthMaster 3?", we had to make some architectural changes in our UI framework to make it "modular". We finally achieved that and first implemented it on iOS. Desktop port coming in the next weeks and will be debuted in our next SM 2.9.9 update.

Last week Bulent said:

I'm really sorry that I had to spend around 12 months for iOS development (SynthMaster One+SynthMaster 2 combined), but that resulted in a framework that is totally cross platform now. After SynthMaster 3 desktop release we will port it to iOS as well easily with this framework and maybe we can port the framework to Android as well, it was the least priority task in our list but could be worthy to have Android support on our hands as well.

Edited by abacab
  • Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, InstrEd said:

@abacab
nothing like posting a little incentive 😆

Seems like you get a lot for not so much money at the sale price.

I think that this synth, with a little more polish, could be the one to beat them all!!! 😁

2 hours ago, InstrEd said:

Wow I just watched the first 10 minutes and this one I will really have to mess around with.  Now can someone come up with a VSTi that give me more time in the day or night for this endless hobby of mine!

Amen to that.  By the time I’m done installing, updating, finished watching reviews/tutorials, I have like 10 minutes of actual playing before I have to call it a day.  If I throw in visiting this forum, I’m all out of time.

It s comon for brands to squash the price to gain users base and then propose a major upgrade ;) 

anywya a superb deal for this beast , actually one of the most powerfull synth around , easy to use with actually usable presets !!

15 hours ago, InstrEd said:

Wow I just watched the first 10 minutes and this one I will really have to mess around with.  Now can someone come up with a VSTi that give me more time in the day or night for this endless hobby of mine!

13 hours ago, kevin H said:

Amen to that.  By the time I’m done installing, updating, finished watching reviews/tutorials, I have like 10 minutes of actual playing before I have to call it a day.  If I throw in visiting this forum, I’m all out of time.

Here's a quick tip to get started with. Forget the manuals & tutorials for now and just have fun!

You can use the (8) easy knobs to control selected parameters deep in the synth, without knowing how the patch is built or the synth architecture. Just use MIDI learn to assign 8 knobs on your controller. Select a preset that you like and jam away! Learn as you go... This is similar to SM Player, but here you can go in and tweak any preset as desired, and then save as your own.

This preset example shows Easy Knob 1 controlling the wave index of the current wavetable oscillator. Fun performance parameter! :)

The Easy Knobs are assigned by the respective preset author to selected synth parameters. A couple of other Easy Knobs here adjust the Envelope Attack and Envelope Release, for example.

SM2 EZ KNOBS notated.jpg

Edited by abacab
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, kevin H said:

Thanks abacab.  I actually use freelancesoundlabs NKS library.  Jason did an amazing job and they are really fun to use to tweak sounds.

https://freelancesoundlabs.com/index.php/downloads/komplete-kontrol-vst-packs/itemlist/category/108-kv331-audio

Interesting! I didn't even know that was a thing!

I would assume that if you are using a NI Komplete keyboard, then you are all set! I only have the KK plugin, so my keyboards do not auto map.

But even when using generic MIDI learn, if you use the global learn settings in KV331, the synth will retain your EZ Knob mapping for all presets. So you only need to set knobs 1-8 up once. After that the function of each knob will vary on each patch based on the KV331 preset design, but knob 1 will still be knob 1, 2 is 2, and so on...

Edited by abacab