SSL LMC+ $29.99

Frank

6 hours ago, kevin H said:

I opened a case politely asking to please fix not being able to see previous purchases or to gently fire their IT guy and then fix the problem.  Will let you know what they respond. 

Yes, my account was there, but none of my plugins.  As someone said, at least they're still on iLok.  🙂

Not sure if this is relevant at this point, but just got this email from SSL:

We've updated our user accounts system

Reactivate your account by resetting your password.

The SSL user account system has been updated and integrated with the new SSL eStore to improve services including offers and promotions, providing an enhanced online shopping experience.

To access your SSL user account within the new system, reset your password (HERE) and follow the on-screen instructions.

Due to ongoing changes in data regulations, SSL are unable to import previous account information into the new system. This includes SSL hardware registered in the previous system and software purchased via the previous webstore.

Users can re-register SSL hardware via the new registration portal. However, software downloads are now accessed via the support site. Read this FAQ for more information.

Please note: Data related to Service and Support requests is stored securely.

Reset Password

10 hours ago, kevin H said:

I opened a case politely asking to please fix not being able to see previous purchases or to gently fire their IT guy and then fix the problem.  Will let you know what they respond. 

Prolly forwarded to directly to the IT manager who promptly deletes it.

3 hours ago, mibby said:

Well, I got an email this a.m. to "Reset  Password", which I did, and which changed nothing...    🤔

Unfortunately it looks like kind a 'prove' (?) of theory SSL was hacked. Look at email address 

obraz.thumb.png.0dcd9299d17c5c6ee9d20d1f598ef0f1.png

It doesn't looks like solid state domain..,

6 minutes ago, Piotr said:

Unfortunately it looks like kind a 'prove' (?) of theory SSL was hacked. Look at email address 

obraz.thumb.png.0dcd9299d17c5c6ee9d20d1f598ef0f1.png

It doesn't looks like solid state domain..,

Huh.   😮 Well, thanks! I just went in and changed my password again just in case.  Going to send support and email now! 

2 minutes ago, mibby said:

Huh.   😮 Well, thanks! I just went in and changed my password again just in case.  Going to send support and email now! 

If any doubts it is always to take an prevention action,

But theoretically it could be also a case where it would be a prove IT guy hired by SSL is completely amateur. Anyway SSL is not shining in this. I would say it is now hard to trust in their security awareness.  It is good to be careful about credits card data used. Better to use paypal option to pay.

I got this back almost instantly:

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out. 

Not to worry, this is an email from us.

Apologies for the confusion.

Best regards,
Kyle

Audio Creation Products
Systems & Support Group
Solid State Logic

• Thanks 3

52 minutes ago, mibby said:

I got this back almost instantly:

I am not little disgusted by their reaction. It seems like 'not a big deal', don't worry,...

It is kind of elementary training about phishing email sent from domains not related to sender company domain like 'cmp.dotmailer.co.uk'

Grr...  They should instantly send new mail from legal domain with apologies and explanation to all receivers and take some prevention action...

On 7/2/2021 at 1:26 AM, kevin H said:

Keep us posted on the response.  It's probably the IT guy that will be getting your email...  🤔

• Haha 2

Hey All,

I've been waiting for over 45 minutes to receive an email after entering my email address on their site to so I can change my password.    I too received their email informing me about the change to the SSL website on July 2.  

I think I am going to just create a new account and forget about them sending me an  email to change the password on my previous account.

1 minute ago, jesse g said:

I think I am going to just create a new account and forget about them sending me an  email to change the password on my previous account.

If all you purchased and registered before was software, you will need to create a new account. The old software only accounts were not migrated to the new store.

1 hour ago, scook said:

If all you purchased and registered before was software, you will need to create a new account. The old software only accounts were not migrated to the new store.

The problem with creating a new account is that I have to use a new email address because SSL is holding onto the email address I used previously.  I only use that email address for my studio related purchases.  😣

Does anyone know when this sale for the LMC+ comes to an end??

I also contacted support for the SSL website and requested that they either send me a link to change my password for my current account, or release my email address so that I can create a new account using the same email address I used previously.

Edited by jesse g
update

47 minutes ago, scook said:

Interesting, I used the same email last Wednesday  creating my new account that I used for my prior 2 SSL accounts.

Scook,

This is the message I see when  I click  Save to create a new account using the same email address I used previously.

This email is already taken, please choose another one or sign in.

5 hours ago, jesse g said:

Scook,

This is the message I see when  I click  Save to create a new account using the same email address I used previously.

This email is already taken, please choose another one or sign in.

As a temporary workaround you could try adding "+ssl" to the first part of your email address. Most mail servers ignore the plus sign and whatever comes after it, so "john.doe@example.com" and "john.doe+foobar@example.com" both go to the same inbox. Of course, you should test if that it actually works for you.