Template images

winkpain

Question

11 answers to this question

I don't know the direct answer, but do a search for "Start Screen"  (with the quotes) and a bunch of stuff shows up that you will have to sort through.  But to get you started:

I know I had the same question once and did solve my problem, but I don't recall what the answer was . . .

Syphus

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Glenn Stanton said:

when you are editing the template, there is a browser section for adding notes, etc and includes adding an image.

image.png.89f7ec22a2b65f60c2cdb5197fd28ea3.png

Thanks, Glenn! Yes, I knew that. That is how I've been attaching images to projects currently. But I actually wanted to use one of those default images (that got removed from a template somehow) and figured they must be stored somewhere. Haven't been able to find them yet....

Yup. I understand all of that.  The template saving protocol within CW is actually very particular when it comes to these images. Following the links that @Syphus referred to opened up a whole can of worms on that for me. I think I got it now.

It absolutely matters how you save a Template file, how you rename it, whether or not you include the ".cwt" in your naming in the Save As window, and what "trigger" words you use in order to access those default images.  It is all quite fascinatingly complex as threading through those links and the accompanying video in one of them will show! It's something that was written into the CW code a while ago when Start Screen was introduced, I guess.

I think I got a handle on it now, but Wow, strange indeed!

@winkpain @Syphus so, in re-reviewing this, you save the template source file (with image, copyrights, etc) as "normal" in the "project template folder". this is a .cwp file in the template folder at this point. then rename the file as .cwt. now the template file has the image in the header section of the file (which is what needs to be read from the start screen display) as well as embedded in the file notes.

Edited by Glenn Stanton
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Glenn Stanton said:

so, in re-reviewing this, you save the template source file (with image, copyrights, etc) as "normal" in the "project template folder". this is a .cwp file in the template folder at this point. then rename the file as .cwt. now the template file has the image in the header section of the file (which is what needs to be read from the start screen display) as well as embedded in the file notes.

As I had said, I don't remember the exact process I used to get mine set.  But go back and read the threads that discuss this (see my response above) and they might have your answer.  I would have to do the research if I was to create another "template" for myself,    I'd do a bit more research on this now , but I'm busy with a project that I need to finish. 

Syphus

1 hour ago, Glenn Stanton said:

@winkpain @Syphus so, in re-reviewing this, you save the template source file (with image, copyrights, etc) as "normal" in the "project template folder". this is a .cwp file in the template folder at this point. then rename the file as .cwt. now the template file has the image in the header section of the file (which is what needs to be read from the start screen display) as well as embedded in the file notes.

Yes, thank you! That was it! Just for fun I created a couple of templates and added some images from the Rapture Pro thumbnails folder. The result looks better than the default icon, I would say.

CAAM8II.jpg

• Like 2

On 7/3/2021 at 1:22 PM, Glenn Stanton said:

I mentioned this in the other post, but I don't find it necessary to do this to get my desired image as icon.

6 hours ago, winkpain said:

I mentioned this in the other post, but I don't find it necessary to do this to get my desired image as icon.

It isn't. Glenn have his own version of adding images. Some people seem to grasp this easier then what's in the pdf howto. It is however one extra step compared to the howto.

Adding your own image is different from working with the default icons. A lot easier too.