Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

hi Gang !! I'm having a weird update problem.. Cakewalk is notifying me there is an update..my present working version is :

21.06 (build 057. 64bit)

when I click the download button, it is downloading :

Cakewalk_by_BandLab_Update_Setup_27.06.0.058,

So, i try to update,,,and get this message,

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DNVakN3BEtL5nmvczCtDzHxhnhTeYAL_/view?usp=sharing

followed by this message:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oeTF5zXLKs1SN91FCGKcman0iEIe-MyJ/view?usp=sharing

and finally end up with this message:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nB3fScV3g9sZ5Elvpv-GT4LdtRyEC9bB/view?usp=sharing

and I there is no way to unstall Cakewalk... So I have to download, and reinstall it ... only to end up in the same cycle...

Thank's , Toobs

 

 

 

 

Edited by Smokey Toobs Sr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9 juillet 2021 at 11:03 AM, Noel Borthwick said:

Hi @p-w-m the issue is this:

12175 WinHTTPSendRequest A security error occurred. This means your Windows operating system has not been configured for TLS 1.2. ... To configure your Windows operating system's WinHTTP stack for TLS 1.2, run Windows Update and make sure all updates have been installed.

Are you running Windows 7? This is a known issue where some systems don't have the latest TLS libraries installed. If you are running Windows 7 please be advised that it isn't a supported configuration for reasons like this.


See this thread for a solution.

 

 

Noel,

Interesting to that the only win7 hickup I had to deal with are related to the upgrade new pholosophy that relies on something that comes wth edge (i've installed it, updated the sw....case closed).

and now TLS. I ran easyfix as you suggested and completedthe upgrade. Case close.

obviously thereare still many poeple running on W7 and I will venture the majority of them are, like, the ones who have paid their way up to splat.

New functionnalities not working I can live with that. My last 2 upgrade failures were annoying because I didn't know I needed to do something extra.

I have a suggestion That is easy and would be really nice 

T futur upgrades on a basic W7 system and let us know what we need to pay attention.

Edge and the TLS easyfix were simple to do once I found  the threads that gave me the answer.

Give it some thought. For I'm sticking to W7 (it's mainly used offline) as long as the hardware last and obviously I'm not the only one.

Keep on the good work.

Mario

Mario

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To be honest we are not paying any attention to win 7 anymore. There is zero testing being done on it and we only have a small number of users running it. 

The latest version of cbb is not installing the edge runtime because of an independent issue but we may use it again in the future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

So...I'm kinda heated right now, not gonna lie.

I created a new project.  Got all my files imported, did about an hour and a half of work with some balancing and panning and editing and some light EQ and compression going on on the drums and bass...things are going good.

I go to create a send and forget that all my tracks are selected, so it does it on every single track.  Lol, whoops.  So I'm going through and deleting sends...I get about halfway through and all of a sudden the second I delete another send, the entire project crashes to desktop without warning.  No hang or freeze, no errors or warnings,  saves literally none of the work done that entire time (even though I have auto-save enabled), no dump file, nothing.  It straight up closes out, and it's like the project never even existed and nothing was ever done.

I didn't really have a whole lot going on yet plugin-wise, so CPU load, RAM, etc. were all fine and I only had like 4 different plugins (maybe ten instances total) even inserted in the project...and those few plugins I've been using just fine in other projects and aren't very resource intensive (VBC-Grey, Sonitus Compressor, Infinity EQ, and a Slate FG-X on my master).  I have HUGE, intensive projects I've been working on on this machine (that involve these same plugins as well) and have had no issues, fwiw.

I know that's not a lot to go on, but I literally don't have anything to go on.  Again, there was no hang/freeze, no warnings or errors, and no dump file was created.  I will say it's eerily similar to a bug we had a couple of years ago where the same thing would happen occasionally when inserting a send (you would literally insert a send and the project would automatically crash out about 75% of the time, and you would lose all work done in the session, even if it had been auto-saving).  Now apparently it does it rarely when deleting a send.  It's bizarre.

Anyway, it's late and I'm exhausted and angry and after literally just wasting two hours of my life and losing a bunch of work I'm gonna go to bed.  I'll check back here in the morning, lol.

Edited by AxlBrutality
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Smokey Toobs It looks like you must update a dependency. Please install this Microsoft redistributable file: https://aka.ms/vs/16/release/vc_redist.x64.exe

After install, reboot and attempt to run the updater again. If the updater continues to fail, you can try downloading and running the full installer here.

Please report back to let us know how you fared!

Thanks.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had an issue with the update. During the update an error message came saying msvcrt.dll or something like that was missing. now my sonitus plugins are not operable and Pro channel is acting weird. What went wrong? Not sure how to reverse the process

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could you please also add this feature to "automation recording" and "convert MIDI CC to envelopes"? Now the envelopes are always automatically smoothed a lot, and the smoothing cannot be turned off.

    image.thumb.png.61f876fcb11a6f65699e8b46ccfca499.png

I've mentioned the issues here:

Thank you!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/21/2021 at 2:03 AM, AxlBrutality said:

So...I'm kinda heated right now, not gonna lie.

I created a new project.  Got all my files imported, did about an hour and a half of work with some balancing and panning and editing and some light EQ and compression going on on the drums and bass...things are going good.

I go to create a send and forget that all my tracks are selected, so it does it on every single track.  Lol, whoops.  So I'm going through and deleting sends...I get about halfway through and all of a sudden the second I delete another send, the entire project crashes to desktop without warning.  No hang or freeze, no errors or warnings,  saves literally none of the work done that entire time (even though I have auto-save enabled), no dump file, nothing.  It straight up closes out, and it's like the project never even existed and nothing was ever done.

I didn't really have a whole lot going on yet plugin-wise, so CPU load, RAM, etc. were all fine and I only had like 4 different plugins (maybe ten instances total) even inserted in the project...and those few plugins I've been using just fine in other projects and aren't very resource intensive (VBC-Grey, Sonitus Compressor, Infinity EQ, and a Slate FG-X on my master).  I have HUGE, intensive projects I've been working on on this machine (that involve these same plugins as well) and have had no issues, fwiw.

I know that's not a lot to go on, but I literally don't have anything to go on.  Again, there was no hang/freeze, no warnings or errors, and no dump file was created.  I will say it's eerily similar to a bug we had a couple of years ago where the same thing would happen occasionally when inserting a send (you would literally insert a send and the project would automatically crash out about 75% of the time, and you would lose all work done in the session, even if it had been auto-saving).  Now apparently it does it rarely when deleting a send.  It's bizarre.

Anyway, it's late and I'm exhausted and angry and after literally just wasting two hours of my life and losing a bunch of work I'm gonna go to bed.  I'll check back here in the morning, lol.

Usually crashes where the app just disappears as described are plugin-related. These types of crashes are why we implemented "ExceptionHandlingSeverity" as an option you can enable in the Initialization File section of the Preferences. Default value is 1, you can increase this to 7 if you're experiencing a crash, and it should then be able to get a dump file if it crashes again. At that point we can take a look at the dump file and if there's anything actionable on our end. In the meantime, normal saving of the project should work fine even if it subsequently crashes (the project just might not appear in the recent project list as that is populated on normal project close). 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jonathan Sasor said:

Usually crashes where the app just disappears as described are plugin-related. These types of crashes are why we implemented "ExceptionHandlingSeverity" as an option you can enable in the Initialization File section of the Preferences. Default value is 1, you can increase this to 7 if you're experiencing a crash, and it should then be able to get a dump file if it crashes again. At that point we can take a look at the dump file and if there's anything actionable on our end. In the meantime, normal saving of the project should work fine even if it subsequently crashes (the project just might not appear in the recent project list as that is populated on normal project close). 

I love the work you've done on the exception handling side! 👍

I'm just thinking out loud here - is there any way plugins could be hosted "separately" or in sandboxes, to prevent them from crashing the entire main application? Or would that be too much overhead or too complicated to implement to be feasible? 🧐

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GreenLight said:

I love the work you've done on the exception handling side! 👍

I'm just thinking out loud here - is there any way plugins could be hosted "separately" or in sandboxes, to prevent them from crashing the entire main application? Or would that be too much overhead or too complicated to implement to be feasible? 🧐

FWIW, you can kind of do this already if you've got JBridge installed by checking "Load with JBridge Wrapper" within the plugin's options.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, msmcleod said:

FWIW, you can kind of do this already if you've got JBridge installed by checking "Load with JBridge Wrapper" within the plugin's options.

Nice trick! 😀

Is there any way that kind of protection could be feasible to implement as default behavior in Cakewalk, to protect from all plugins? I suppose it might be to much overhead...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, after the update it seems that I get performance issues. Audio dropouts and pops and crackles from vst’s that have worked perfectly before. Before I could run 60+ tracks with lots of plugins without problems. Now it struggles with only a few tracks and a handfull of plug ins. Have made no other changes to my computer or setup.

please advise

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a song that I started in 2008 using Platinum. Whenever I revisit an old song, I copy the tracks into my new template with current audio FX and such.

 I created a new CWP and then opened the old CWP, selected all the tracks I wanted and chose "Copy Special" and checked tempo, markers, etc. When I pasted this into the new CWP the tempo didn't get copied over. I tried it a few times with the same result. Has any one else seen this problem with old Sonar CWP's? I'm using the latest CbB

 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, gmp said:

I have a song that I started in 2008 using Platinum. Whenever I revisit an old song, I copy the tracks into my new template with current audio FX and such.

 I created a new CWP and then opened the old CWP, selected all the tracks I wanted and chose "Copy Special" and checked tempo, markers, etc. When I pasted this into the new CWP the tempo didn't get copied over. I tried it a few times with the same result. Has any one else seen this problem with old Sonar CWP's? I'm using the latest CbB

 

I guess this is another fallout of the tempo track! 😄 That's why I fear to use newer versions!

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/21/2021 at 8:36 AM, Jesse Jost said:

Please install this Microsoft redistributable file:

Hi Jesse,

  Thank's !!! That did the trick ! I'm all updated now without a hitch ! Thank you, Sir !!!

Mike

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, marled said:

I guess this is another fallout of the tempo track! 😄 That's why I fear to use newer versions!

I've been using Cakewalk since 1992 and learned it best to have safeguards set up when updating to a new version or a new Win version. I keep my C drive lean with only Apps and OS and make image files of my C drive with Acronis or Macrium Free. 

Countless times over the years I've had a good stable system and an upgrade caused problems. Most of the times when that happened I just reverted my C drive back to a previous state where everything worked great.

Whenever I install a new update, I also turn back on my Win Updates and manually update all Win updates. I then make an image file of that. What's really nice about CbB is that you can save your Cakewalk Core folder and rename it Cakewalk Core 2100.06 and then update CbB. Then if you suspect a bug you can just run the previous version and compare the 2 versions. 

Because of a change a few months ago it's best to use scook's Launchpad to run a previous version. You can also make a copy of CbB in Launchpad before updating.

Recently there have been very good improvements to the rollback feature where you can rollback to the previous version without making backups and such.

Many bugs only affect some users because of the way we all use CbB differently and have different configurations. So I've been updating as soon as a new one is available, since I've been enjoying really good stability for a long time.

In general it's best to have the latest CbB and Win 10, because eventually you'll run into problems with an outdated system. I know some have carried it to extremes with still running Win 7 and Sonar. 

It does make life simpler to have a stable predictable system, yet with the safeguards I outlined you can guard against disasters like we all experience at times in computer-land. 

  • Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi. This is a feature request.  It would be nice to be able to disable the automatic information display box when drawing envelopes in piano roll view.  It gets old pretty fast to try to draw an accurate line only to be clouded by the information display box.  It's like drawing in the dark sometimes.  Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/24/2021 at 6:42 PM, gmp said:

I have a song that I started in 2008 using Platinum. Whenever I revisit an old song, I copy the tracks into my new template with current audio FX and such.

 I created a new CWP and then opened the old CWP, selected all the tracks I wanted and chose "Copy Special" and checked tempo, markers, etc. When I pasted this into the new CWP the tempo didn't get copied over. I tried it a few times with the same result. Has any one else seen this problem with old Sonar CWP's? I'm using the latest CbB

 

I tried the following and it worked for me:

  1. Create a project in Platinum with an audio track, and some tempo changes. Saved the project.
  2. Opened the project in CbB
  3. Created a new project
  4. In the old project, CTRL + A then Edit->Copy Special with all options checked.
  5. CTRL + V in the new project.

Were you trying to copy from Platinum itself into CbB ?    I can understand that not working, as it needs to be loaded into CbB in order to convert the tempos into a tempo track.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, msmcleod said:

I tried the following and it worked for me:

  1. Create a project in Platinum with an audio track, and some tempo changes. Saved the project.
  2. Opened the project in CbB
  3. Created a new project
  4. In the old project, CTRL + A then Edit->Copy Special with all options checked.
  5. CTRL + V in the new project.

Were you trying to copy from Platinum itself into CbB ?    I can understand that not working, as it needs to be loaded into CbB in order to convert the tempos into a tempo track.

I did something similar. Platinum song was created in 2008 I did open it in CbB, created new project. I selected only the first 6 tracks in the old CWP careful to use Copy Special and check the boxes. Went to new CWP and pasted - same result no tempo change copied over.

 I looked at the Inspector Tempo Track and it only has the tempo BPM that was in my template, not the one from the old CWP. I just tried the whole procedure again with the same result 

I never start from scratch with a new project. I use templates. I did for Platinum and also for CbB. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...