yeah, i exclude all my audio apps from scanning and other protection features when running. also turn off any backup and replication functions (like OneDrive and Drive) to ensure no conflicts with file locks...

• Great Idea 1

Posted (edited)

So, after spending about an hour trying to figure out why Ripple Edit wasn't correctly affecting the Tempo map, I realized there was an update to Cakewalk that specifically should address that issue. 

That's great and all, except I can't get Cake to update.  BA just perpetually shows "Downloading...0/0" after hitting update.  I've dealt with this for yet another hour.

My computer is fully updated, I've restarted it twice, I've killed and restarted BA, I've uninstalled and reinstalled BA twice, Windows defender is turned off, I don't run any other AV, and my internet is just fine (gig internet with no current issues).

Pretty frustrated right now, not gonna lie...especially considering the perpetual and historical issues with BA in general.

Can anybody direct link the installer for the newest available version of Cakewalk, please? All I'm seeing are installers for rollback versions.

Edited by AxlBrutality

9 minutes ago, AxlBrutality said:

That's great and all, except I can't get Cake to update.  BA just perpetually shows "Downloading...0/0" after hitting update.  I've dealt with this for yet another hour.

CbB 2020.09 and newer have an in-app update function. Use it instead of BA

For older releases try the Early Access version of the new Cakewalk Web Installer

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, AxlBrutality said:

So does this render BA pretty much obsolete at this point? Or do we need it installed still as an authenticator?

In-app activation was introduced with 2020.11

The new Cakewalk Web Installer handles new installs (and updates just like CbB does now)

The only feature still missing is access to the BandLab Loop library which I believe will be included in CbB.

At that point, CbB will not rely on BA for anything.

• Like 1

After installing the most recent update, I noticed that the first beat of the metronome sounds off during playback, but every other beat sounds normal. It only does this on the WASAPI Shared driver mode, which is what I usually have it on when I'm not recording guitars. The same problem isn't present when I have it on MME and ASIO driver modes. Nothing serious, but I thought I should post about it anyway to see if anyone else has this problem, or knows of a solution. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, scook said:

In-app activation was introduced with 2020.11

The new Cakewalk Web Installer handles new installs (and updates just like CbB does now)

The only feature still missing is access to the BandLab Loop library which I believe will be included in CbB.

At that point, CbB will not rely on BA for anything.

Thanks.  I never used the in-app "Update now" function until now because I just kinda assumed it still used BA when actually updating, idk.  Lol.

I don't have a need for the loop library, so I'll go ahead and uninstall BA then.  Thanks again!

Another bug in this builld. 

Previously: when I've set my LinkPFsendMute to "True" I couldn't hear the effects on a bus, if you mute or solo the routed/group Aux track - which have always been my preferred setting. 

In this build, it does not obey the selection on Mute with an Aux track. It obey's the selection on solo only. Meaning: When I solo the Group-Aux track - no effects are heard. When I mute the Group-Aux track you hear them. 

For basic install with-in the  CbB program

Win 10 was effortless and fast - as usual.

Win 7 required that I signed into Bandlab first - then it was equally effortless and fast. No update to bandlab was required.

This coming from 2021-06  build 53  to  build 58.

Posted (edited)

Here I go again with three requests for visual features:

* The option to change the default coloring scheme from black background/colored waveform to colored background/black waveform.

* Waveform outline color available to change in preferences/colors, or waveform outline changed automatically to black if the coloring scheme is changed as in the first request.

* Some level of opacy/transparency in the grid lines when those are in front of clips.

Edited by giovannibuchelli
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 2

Yet, another complaint from me with the 058 build (and I've doing this a lot with this build.) I believe it's the 4th time cakewalk just cuts out a Vsti. This is not the typical cutout during playback where it resumes after a quick double TAP on stop and play with the spacebar. You have to re-insert the Instrument and shift the midi file on the newly created insert for it to play again. 

This workaround isn't a big deal, but after a few times - frustration starts to kick in. 

How to bypass ProChannel modules when freezing audio track? Now they are applied regardless of the PC's on/off state. My memory is that in the previous version it was possible to disable them. Any help is much apreciated.

On 8/17/2021 at 12:09 PM, Ivan Samshit said:

How to bypass ProChannel modules when freezing audio track? Now they are applied regardless of the PC's on/off state. My memory is that in the previous version it was possible to disable them. Any help is much apreciated.

Right click on the freeze icon in track view, adjust the freeze options dialogue to your taste, then freeze. Works for me every time if I don't want track FX bin or PC FX to be applied. 

Or use a temporary toggle on the master bypass FX.

The studio Instruments Suite: Are they strictly 32bit? And why do they appear in the Audio FX category? 

I've downloaded them over a week ago when I did my entire system over. Didn't bother to install them until now, cause I needed the String Plugin. Going crazy looking for them, just to discover their in  the FX category. 

Is this correct? 

Hello .  I have just noticed that the Process-Audio-Reverse function is not available on clips that have been  "  s-t-r-e -t-c-h- e-d " 👀

Is this by design or a design flaw ☺️..You can reverse then stretch but not the other way around !  

20 minutes ago, chimkin2 said:

Hello .  I have just noticed that the Process-Audio-Reverse function is not available on clips that have been  "  s-t-r-e -t-c-h- e-d " 👀

Is this by design or a design flaw ☺️..You can reverse then stretch but not the other way around !  

You need to "commit" the stretch by bouncing to clip(s) before you can use reverse.

8 minutes ago, msmcleod said:

You need to "commit" the stretch by bouncing to clip(s) before you can use reverse.

Because the stretching is non-destructive ? ☺️