2021.06 Feedback

5 hours ago, Olaf said:

The [meter] options are not saved in Workspaces, though, or in the project info.

I double-checked, and both meter ranges and metering mode options are being saved per-project here with Workspaces set to None, including the previously problematic RMS+Peak option for Playback meters.

You're going to have to give detailed steps for replicating the problem with specific setting choices, and it would  be best to start a dedicated thread.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, OutrageProductions said:

EDIT: !!!
I'm going to experiment with this more later, but I think that if the HELP module is stacked (even if it is collapsed) in the Browser, the Browser will not save in "Collapsed" mode not matter what. If the Help module is set to NOT be available via "Manage Workspaces", then (it seems so far) to allow the collapsed condition of the Browser to be written into a Workspace. More testing to follow.

EDIT 2!!! CONFIRMED! in the <Manage Workspaces> Workspace Manager dialog, if I remove the tick from the tree view of <Views/Help Module> and resave the Workspace, the Browser will pay attention to 'visible/collapsed' condition in the Workspace.
Just set up Track View with Inspector & Browser collapsed on mon1, PRV on mon2, Console on Mon3, and Video playback with Big Time on mon4 and everything comes back on new project open, or on existing mixing/spotting project session. Eggcellent!

Interesting.  It sounds like you found another solution!!  The important thing is that you have a custom Workspace that works for your workflow and takes into account all your other UI elements (and your three monitors).  Congrats!!

20 hours ago, OutrageProductions said:

EDIT 2!!! CONFIRMED! in the <Manage Workspaces> Workspace Manager dialog, if I remove the tick from the tree view of <Views/Help Module> and resave the Workspace, the Browser will pay attention to 'visible/collapsed' condition in the Workspace.
Just set up Track View with Inspector & Browser collapsed on mon1, PRV on mon2, Console on Mon3, and Video playback with Big Time on mon4 and everything comes back on new project open, or on existing mixing/spotting project session. Eggcellent!

Also note: when you do save these workspaces with template, it needs to be with a new clean/empty template too for it to open every time with these settings.  

Edited by Will_Kaydo
  • Like 1

On 7/28/2021 at 7:44 PM, Jonathan Sasor said:
On 7/28/2021 at 2:54 AM, Olaf said:

The order of some One Knobs - or the on/off state, I don't remember - doesn't get saved in the PC strip.

If you can provide details on this we'll investigate. I haven't heard of other reports of this.

@Jonathan Sasor I've remembered what it was - it was neither the order nor the on/off state, it was the collapsed state - at least for Space, Depth and the Smoocher/Smoother, haven't tried the rest. Maybe Rematrix Solo, but am not sure. You can check with all modules and see which pop up.

Edited by Olaf

2 hours ago, OutrageProductions said:

I've noticed that too, however I rarely re-write my templates anymore. I probably change my key bindings more often than I change any project templates.

It's useful to have the "Bypass All FX" shortcut and especially the "view plugin" shortcut. I'd literally been thinking there must be something wrong with my O.S. for DAYS now. I even went as far and re-done my entire system - with this being one of the reasons. Now I know it's definitely not the O.S.

Thanks for confirming.

On 8/2/2021 at 9:35 AM, Czeslaw said:

Intel.

I've seen the same crashes, errors, etc., reported by several people, on different occasions, and people using the same stuff reporting no problem, which is weird. it's almost like talking about two different programs.

i've recently seen a forum comment of someone talking about switching from intel to ryzen amd. he said the new processor outclassed his former i9, but after the change he started to experience crashes he never experienced before - welcome to the real world, right? 😝

i'm starting to think there's a connection.

On 8/4/2021 at 2:23 AM, Olaf said:

I've seen the same crashes, errors, etc., reported by several people, on different occasions, and people using the same stuff reporting no problem, which is weird. it's almost like talking about two different programs.

i've recently seen a forum comment of someone talking about switching from intel to ryzen amd. he said the new processor outclassed his former i9, but after the change he started to experience crashes he never experienced before - welcome to the real world, right? 😝

i'm starting to think there's a connection.

Stay as far away from those 5000 series. They're a real pain in technology. It's only good for games - though there's been complaints from certain gamers too, bringing this to light. These complaints however, does not come close to those from graphic designers, video production and that from of course -  music producers. 

Edited by Will_Kaydo

I have an issue with the Rapture plugin. Not sure if related to this release, since I rarely use it - sorry if this is the wrong place to raise.

Rapture works fine, until I route a MIDI track to it that has a Channel/Bank/Patch selected. After routing, Rapture immediately stops producing sound until I either delete and recreate the plugin or close/re-open the project. (If the project is saved with the MIDI channel already routed Rapture works fine until I hit Play on the project.)

I found the silencing issue was due to Channel/Bank/Patch issue after some mucking around. Workaround of course is to set these all to NONE on MIDI tracks before routing. (They were set to external MIDI device previously, so had left-over values).

When installing the last two updates, I've gotten an error message near the end of the process saying there's "insufficient disk space" to complete the operation. I have over 700 GB free, so that's not the problem. It appears to be caused by a conflict with Windows 10 controlled folder access:

App or process blocked: Cakewalk_by_BandLab_Update_Setup_27.06.0.058.tmp
  Protected folder: %userprofile%\Documents\Cakewalk\Cakewalk by BandLab\

Normally a controlled folder access problem can be fixed by granting access to the process, but in this case the name changes with every new update. As far as I can tell, Cakewalk is working fine in spite of this error. I've had controlled folder access turned on for months, but this problem with the Cakewalk installer just started with the last two updates. What is the installer trying to write to that directory?