2021.06 Feedback

1 hour ago, msmcleod said:

Using split instrument tracks is more of an advanced way of using soft synths in any case (as opposed to simple or per output instrument tracks), so its likely you'll need to adjust things manually anyway.  Of course you can always choose "All" then delete the tracks you don't want.

I guess you're right.

I just don't see the point in choosing "All" and delete the once i don't want. The point of that feature was to insert the amount of tracks the user want, but it never gotten the attention it deserved.

I'll go old school. Not a big deal. 

I'm not sure why this should be happening, maybe @Jonathan Sasor can shed some light on it...

The only thing that springs to mind is that you've compressed you're drive?  This is known to cause issues with ProChannel modules.

If this is the case, decompress the following folder:

C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Shared Utilities\Internal

Isn't this because the Splat modules overwritten the module's of CbB? They're the same, but different dll's. 

2 hours ago, Steev said:

I didn't have any issues with 3rd party plugins, but have serious issues with ProChannel and had to re authorize add on plugin modules I purchased years ago from the Cakewalk SPLAT store.

After doing so ProChannel became unstable and on some channels, but not all, the audio signal would pass thru all modules, but wouldn't pass thru and reach the buss until I SHUT OFF ProChannel. 🤬

But after shutting it off, I could still assign either Waves Sheps Omni Channel or Eventide UltraChannel and stack any other VST plugin to the FX bin. However the only Cakewalk FX I can use from ProChannel in the FX bin is the CA/2A Leveling Amp and NOTHING else will run as a stand alone VST.

Don't get me wrong I REALLY appreciate the free support and all the added features & stuff, but I happy paid a few hundred dollars for the add on ProChannel FX modules which became essential GO TO tools for 90% of my DAW projects..

Did you update windows recently? 

I'm not sure why this should be happening, maybe @Jonathan Sasor can shed some light on it...

The only thing that springs to mind is that you've compressed you're drive?  This is known to cause issues with ProChannel modules.

If this is the case, decompress the following folder:

C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Shared Utilities\Internal

No I never compress any drives or even delete duplicate files, I just add another drive when they get to 75% capacity.

I have never had any issues with CbB until updating to 2120.06 and giving the new import/export integration with Bandlab.com feature a try. I had little to NO ISSUES with any and all releases up to including CbB 2120.04.

And if there is any way to roll back or even do a clean install of 2120.04 Please let me know! 🙏🏼

Until then, and or when I read about a good stable release of CbB, I'll be perfectly happily working away in either SONAR Platinum on my Windows Computer, and not as happy & begrudgingly using Pro Tools 12 on my Mac. 

Edited by Steev

1 hour ago, Steev said:

Yes Windows is up to date, and I religiously do weekly maintenance scans and tasks every Saturday morning.

Yeah. I too do regularly every week. You didn't perhaps find yourself logged out of a few accounts to that computer right after the update?

I'm trying to find out whats causing my issue. Here's a hand of members that complaint about plugins that don't work. I ran twice into that problem and can't seem to point out how or whats causing it. So maybe it's a Windows update? Are you on 10 or 11? 

22 hours ago, msmcleod said:

Sounds like your scan options have been reset somehow.  After the scan has completed, try setting them to this:

image.png.31dd7169bade72f9214505bf63fb995c.png

I have it on automatic background scan because I want it to update itself on VST changes, but normally it would scan the shell and if no change is found, move on. The difference is now it rescans every module.

21 hours ago, Noel Borthwick said:

@Steevthere are no changes in the 06 release related to prochannel modules.

Now that you know how to rollback can you ins

Thanks MUCH Noel for you excellent support and informing me of what changes to CbB were made that don't or shouldn't effect the DAW. That alone is a great help for what I feel is getting caught in the middle of a "Perfect Storm" of new updates and changes from not only in the Cakewalk DAW, but Bandlab.com, and near constant bug fixes released Microsoft all at once.

It gets overwhelming, like trying to hit  moving targets ganging up that are so much faster them me, I can't even tell which direction the next one is coming from, and keep up with commitments.

So THANK YOU for even getting back with support, I don't even know how to use Bandlab's new v10.com GUI never mind how get in touch with Bandlab support, LoL, and falsely assumed that you guys were one in the same.

And yes I was aware of the rollback installer, but I'm typically gun shy around rolling back from past experiences that at times did NOTHING, and or made the problems worse and just cluttered Windows Reg with more dead end junk.

However I did take your advice and installed the latest early release as a last ditch effort before going thru the process of uninstalling CbB, cleaning up all traces the Win Registry & reinstalling manually, and it WORKED!👍

And I'm HAPPY to report I did roughly an hour test run of CbB with out one single issue.

YOU GUYS ROCK!

Alright here's the deal with this plugin cutout that's driving me nuts. It happens when I move the plugin on the chain (FX bin) while it's open. I've manage to pinpoint that out - however as soon as I stop playback and and start play again - it works again. Also, If I close the plugin it cuts back in.

So please I'm asking the staff to look into this to see if they can reproduce this. It doesn't happen every time and I'm lost for words. I literally spend the entire day installing everything again. I thought it was a windows update issue of some kind and did my studio system over - just to run into this right now again!

Finally prove!

Edited by Will_Kaydo
video
  • Like 1

On 7/24/2021 at 10:29 AM, Will_Kaydo said:

I think we can completely remove Split instrument track. It's even more broken now. 😅

Yesterday I started sketching some ideas for a new tune.  As I have done before, one-by-one I inserted a new software synth and immediately split the track so I could input some midi data (via a usb keyboard).  I didn't notice any new issues, but am willing to give it a try if I have some steps that don't work the way they used to.

On 7/24/2021 at 11:02 AM, msmcleod said:

Using split instrument tracks is more of an advanced way of using soft synths in any case (as opposed to simple or per output instrument tracks), so its likely you'll need to adjust things manually anyway.  Of course you can always choose "All" then delete the tracks you don't want.

Having started out with Cakewalk for MS-DOS and having used MIDI tracks routed to hardware synth modules, I find that having separate midi tracks and routing them to soft synths is about as basic as you can get.  However, I can understand with all the changes over the years it can be a proverbial thorn in side to keep the original functionality and at the same time integrate new complexities.

If you want to get rid of split tracks, can you please do it in such a way that preserves the ability to create MIDI tracks (just as we have always been able to do), the ability to route them to (a) hardware, (b) software, and (c) both hardware and software, the ability to have MIDI data play and record software and hardware synths that generate audio, the ability to control audio FX and MIDI FX, etc.

Thanks.

Edited by User 905133

7 minutes ago, Olaf said:

CW just messed up all the track-synth associations, in the middle of a project.

Anybody know how to unmess them?

Nevermind, I've solved it. Lost an hour of my life. Maybe the problem would get solved in the near future.

5 minutes ago, Olaf said:

Nevermind, I've solved it. Lost an hour of my life. Maybe the problem would get solved in the near future.

If you use Spectrasonics soft synths, there was a recent update on their part that messed up the audio inputs of the synth audio tracks inside Cakewalk.

Check this thread:

But, fortunately, It was solved recently by the Cakewalk team, in the latest update: 

16 hours ago, Andres Medina said:

If you use Spectrasonics soft synths, there was a recent update on their part that messed up the audio inputs of the synth audio tracks inside Cakewalk.

Check this thread:

But, fortunately, It was solved recently by the Cakewalk team, in the latest update:

Thanks, Andres, no, it was a bunch of stuff - basically everything got switched with everything  - Addictive Keys with SSD, two instances of AAS Player and one T-FM, all randomly switched places after a cascade undo involving the deleting of a synth track and creating a different one. Might have to do with the multiple output assignments, which it can't manage right. Maybe it got fixed in the 06 #2.

I split all tracks, reassigned I/Os, and regrouped them as instruments, and that solved it, cause you can't easily track assign synths from the rack, which would have made more sense.

I don't get Instrument Tracks - they seem to be neither here nor there. There should be output/mix tracks - those in the console, and source tracks - those in the sequencer, which would be of two kinds - MIDI and audio. The FX box of the output track assigned to the source track would be available in the source track pane in the Track View, just like now, for quick edits. And you would freely associate synths with source/MIDI tracks, as well as output tracks, from menus in the rack. Maybe a button to lock associations, if you're afraid you might screw up something. And that's it.

Edited by Olaf

Sorry! what a mess - 

I avoided inserting  Soft Synths as Simple Instruments tracks for that reason. I like to have access for midi and audio inputs+outputs as independent tracks, so there's room for reassigning  / rerouting as needed.

Have you tried to inserting your VST's that way? each midi and audio tracks are independent, and easily configurable, and accesible via the console view as well.

My troubles with Omnisphere assignments were solved by re-assigning  the inputs of the audio tracks directly on each audio track. Midi tracks were not affected, nor audio outs. Lost half an hour but it was done!

Check  images attached.

Imagen1.png

Imagen2.png

Imagen3.png

• Like 1

So the dynamic waveform visual is not working either? 

No it works. Forgot it doesn't work with plugins or the volume. Blond moment

Edited by Will_Kaydo
Correcting a mistake in thought.