2021.06 Feedback

2 hours ago, Noel Borthwick said:

@Glenn StantonThe 053 installer installs the same redistributables that the 04 release did. We did not update them because there was a known Microsoft installer problem that I posted about here. My best guess is that you directly downloaded the new Microsoft redist (or waves had you download that) and that messed up your install.

thanks Noel, maybe some update from MS occurred that i didn't notice? the only changes i directly made was from 050 to 053, no other software. it was definitely a weird issue - the updating the redistributables did nothing to fix it and then i ran the Waves repair which worked. and that re-installs the same redist files 😞 anyways, i noticed a few other forums now had similar issues (Presonus, etc) and i think MS must have slipped in a new redist as part of some update.

Edited by Glenn Stanton

1 hour ago, Glenn Stanton said:

thanks Noel, maybe some update from MS occurred that i didn't notice? the only changes i directly made was from 050 to 053, no other software. it was definitely a weird issue - the updating the redistributables did nothing to fix it and then i ran the Waves repair which worked. and that re-installs the same redist files 😞 anyways, i noticed a few other forums now had similar issues (Presonus, etc) and i think MS must have slipped in a new redist as part of some update.

They definitely goofed, so if any program installed the latest MS redist it would actually uninstall stuff the first time you ran it! The bug was the first install removed some files and the next one put them back.
Windows update doesn't install that AFIK however so it would have likely been one of the programs you updated.

Thanks for responding, Noel! I'm on 053 version. I was running the EA version before and never noticed this problem before. Now I  am seeing the saving and shutdown taking longer. Wifi is never used except for updates and the antivirus is disabled until I go online.

If I must rollback what version would I go with?

as a note: the update noted as "July 13, 2021—KB5004237 (OS Builds 19041.1110, 19042.1110, and 19043.1110)" - update has a bit over 53K files in it so i suspect the install that happened the day before i installed 053 was the culprit 🙂 might not be the redistributables but it definitely impacted the system 😉 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Sidney Earl Goodroe said:

Thanks for responding, Noel! I'm on 053 version. I was running the EA version before and never noticed this problem before. Now I  am seeing the saving and shutdown taking longer. Wifi is never used except for updates and the antivirus is disabled until I go online.

If I must rollback what version would I go with?

The rollback installer is listed in the first para of the release notes.

Hi people! On the last update seems that the Scan Vst procedure when starts cakewalk seems a little bit slower, is not a serious thing, just wondering if is a normal behavior or something that will be fixed on next updates. 

Well, i am very happy with the new features and updates, Cakewalk by band lab rocks! 

2 hours ago, Marcos Kleine said:

Scan Vst procedure when starts cakewalk seems a little bit slower,

I don't often add new vst so I do a manual vst scan when needed.  This also reminds me to visit the "uncategorized" section of the menu to select categories for the addition.

Cakewalk by BandLab will scan your plugins automatically each time you open the program. You can change this in the Preferences menu under File > VST Settings > Scan Options. 

I'm using 2021.06 latest version. Has anyone noticed getting some small pops or glitches that only show up in playback? In other words you record something and listening intently, but upon playback there maybe 1 pop or glitch that wasn't there during recording. 

This is just like a bug that we had back in the Sonar days and it was fixed. I'm concerned this type of bug may be back. So all I'm saying is please report anything like this to this thread, because if more are getting this then it likely is a bug.

In my setup I have an analog mixing board and all my tracks audio outputs from CbB come into it and I set levels. The output of the board goes into a CbB input and ends up on an audio track in the Track pane that I record the stereo outs of the board.  

Yesterday I did a board  mix and everything sounded fine, but upon playback there was a glitch that sounded like a flubbed double keyboard piano note from my Ivory piano. on 6/17 I did another mix using 2021.04 and got 1 little  pop.

So far this has only happened 2x in about a month, but the last time this happened was long ago with a bug in the Sonar days. If you record a vocal or guitar or anything and it sounds fine when recording but shows up on playback then you've found it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Milton Sica said:

To me is equal.

I just had an incident with my interface.

The application simply silences everything.

I closed the project and opened it. There was silence.
I closed the Daw and opened it. There was silence.
I ran the project and disconnected the USB cable from the interface.
Daw didn't recognize it.
I reconnected the cable, answered the question with No, and the sound returned.

My interface has it's own power cord. So occasionally something can go haywire with the interface and I have to shut down the computer and reboot the interface then start the computer. 

If you have a powered interface that may have also fixed it. Yet unplugging and replugging your USB cable is another way of reinitializing it. I'm pretty sure when you plug it back in it makes Win 10 find the driver again or reinstall it.

I have  MOTU AVB interface and tech support told me that sometimes there may be a fluctuation in electricity, so it's good to even reboot the interface maybe once a month. I'm glad you mentioned this, because this is also a possible cause of my pops and glitches. I'll reboot my MOTU.

• Like 1

Here's definitely something wrong with either the new Windows Updates or Cakewalk. Plugins seems to cutout now. As soon as you delete and re-instert. It works again. Same goes for when you keep it on Save the project and reopen it. 

Also with this VST 2 32bit issue I had. 

I'm trying to replicate this, cause I ran into this like 5mins ago.

Should I send a dump file? 

17 minutes ago, Will_Kaydo said:

Here's definitely something wrong with either the new Windows Updates or Cakewalk. Plugins seems to cutout now. As soon as you delete and re-instert. It works again. Same goes for when you keep it on Save the project and reopen it. 

Also with this VST 2 32bit issue I had. 

I'm trying to replicate this, cause I ran into this like 5mins ago.

Should I send a dump file? 

Are you sure it's not a plugin that has decided to deauthorise itself ? 

XLN Audio (e.g. Addictive Drums) does this regularly on Windows updates - once re-authorized, it's fine.

7 minutes ago, msmcleod said:

XLN Audio (e.g. Addictive Drums) does this regularly on Windows updates - once re-authorized, it's fine.

No. Believe it or not, this is all Sonitus delay (for stereo width) and the Channel Tool  plugin with the free Boz width plugin using the TTS-1 to create drum stems. 

14 minutes ago, Olaf said:

After the update, CW rescans all Waves plugins on almost every single start. Need to wait for a couple of minutes on every open, otherwise the projects load with plugins missing.

Sounds like your scan options have been reset somehow.  After the scan has completed, try setting them to this:

image.png.31dd7169bade72f9214505bf63fb995c.png

On 11/6/2020 at 6:01 PM, jono grant said:

On 7/20/2021 at 10:19 AM, Noel Borthwick said:

Its not clear if you are asking about BandLab issues or CbB. We can't assist with problems related to the BandLab Mix editor since there is a different team managing that. Contact support to report issues with BandLab. Also there is no interaction between the bandlab software and Cbb so one cannot affect the other.

Thanks for the response Noel. It's not clear to me either, way too many issues & problems happening all at once, and way over my head.

But everything was running fine until I tried the new import/ export features and BLAM 💥

I guess I shall just have to skip & wait through a few months of all these new and improved future releases.

Or I'll have to try uninstalling and reinstalling CbB when I get the time.

Until then SONAR Platinum still runs and is still rock'in steady.💯👍 

14 hours ago, msmcleod said:

I didn't have any issues with 3rd party plugins, but have serious issues with ProChannel and had to re authorize add on plugin modules I purchased years ago from the Cakewalk SPLAT store.

After doing so ProChannel became unstable and on some channels, but not all, the audio signal would pass thru all modules, but wouldn't pass thru and reach the buss until I SHUT OFF ProChannel. 🤬

But after shutting it off, I could still assign either Waves Sheps Omni Channel or Eventide UltraChannel and stack any other VST plugin to the FX bin. However the only Cakewalk FX I can use from ProChannel in the FX bin is the CA/2A Leveling Amp and NOTHING else will run as a stand alone VST.

Don't get me wrong I REALLY appreciate the free support and all the added features & stuff, but I happy paid a few hundred dollars for the add on ProChannel FX modules which became essential GO TO tools for 90% of my DAW projects..

I think we can completely remove Split instrument track. It's even more broken now. 😅

The inserts are correct, but now the user can't choose how many they want as it gives the Maximum split tracks on "All Mono" and "All Stereo" 

For me the best inserts are still the Manual way. Insert the instrument track and add 2 or 3 Audio tracks myself if I only want to add a Kick, Snare and Hihat from the drum plugin or any plugins supporting track outputs.

This update is still a great improvement.

Edited by Will_Kaydo

33 minutes ago, Will_Kaydo said:

I think we can completely remove Split instrument track. It's even more broken now. 😅

The inserts are correct, but now the user can't choose how many they want as it gives the Maximum split tracks on "All Mono" and "All Stereo" 

For me the best inserts are still the Manual way. Insert the instrument track and add 2 or 3 Audio tracks myself if I only want to add a Kick, Snare and Hihat from the drum plugin or any plugins supporting track outputs.

This update is still a great improvement.

It's now consistent with the Insert Soft Synth dialog - i.e. "All Mono" / "All Stereo " means all, and the number of outputs is disabled. 

Using split instrument tracks is more of an advanced way of using soft synths in any case (as opposed to simple or per output instrument tracks), so its likely you'll need to adjust things manually anyway.  Of course you can always choose "All" then delete the tracks you don't want.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steev said:

I didn't have any issues with 3rd party plugins, but have serious issues with ProChannel and had to re authorize add on plugin modules I purchased years ago from the Cakewalk SPLAT store.

After doing so ProChannel became unstable and on some channels, but not all, the audio signal would pass thru all modules, but wouldn't pass thru and reach the buss until I SHUT OFF ProChannel. 🤬

But after shutting it off, I could still assign either Waves Sheps Omni Channel or Eventide UltraChannel and stack any other VST plugin to the FX bin. However the only Cakewalk FX I can use from ProChannel in the FX bin is the CA/2A Leveling Amp and NOTHING else will run as a stand alone VST.

Don't get me wrong I REALLY appreciate the free support and all the added features & stuff, but I happy paid a few hundred dollars for the add on ProChannel FX modules which became essential GO TO tools for 90% of my DAW projects..

I'm not sure why this should be happening, maybe @Jonathan Sasor can shed some light on it...

The only thing that springs to mind is that you've compressed you're drive?  This is known to cause issues with ProChannel modules.

If this is the case, decompress the following folder:

C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Shared Utilities\Internal