2021.06 Feedback

It won't install on my computer. The BandLab assistant installed, however, the Cakewalk Bandlab software won't update, It's been sitting at Downloading...(0/0 for 30 minutes.    I restarted 3 times and the Bandlab assistant is updated, but Cakewalk won't install.  It's 6/30/21 at 10:53 pm on the East coast

Version:  21H1
Processor:  Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4590 CPU @ 3.30GHz   3.30 GHz
System Type:  64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
installed RAM:  32.0 GB (31.9 GB usable)

• Like 3

I just updated Cakewalk by Bandlab by opening the software > going to Help> and clicking on Update.  It automatically closed Cakewalk and updated the software.  My New version is 2021.06  (Build 050 ,64 bit)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Great having Tempo Track grid lines. However, all but the two top-most horizontal grid lines disappear when Alt+T is toggled. Also, the Alt+T shortcut is still not present in the Track View’s View menu (reported in 2021.06 EA).

Edit: Both these issues were later fixed in 2021.06 Update 1. 👍

Edited by Canopus
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, jesse g said:

It won't install on my computer. The BandLab assistant installed, however, the Cakewalk Bandlab software won't update, It's been sitting at Downloading...(0/0 for 30 minutes.    I restarted 3 times and the Bandlab assistant is updated, but Cakewalk won't install.  It's 6/30/21 at 10:53 pm on the East coast

Version:  21H1
Processor:  Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4590 CPU @ 3.30GHz   3.30 GHz
System Type:  64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
installed RAM:  32.0 GB (31.9 GB usable)

Mine is doing the same.  I'm worried about updating through the software itself (or other methods mentioned) as it seems some are having their installations corrupted.  Any word on why the updater in Bandlab Assistant isn't working?  Have never had this problem before, and have been super impressed with how well Bandlab has handled Cakewalk so far!

37 minutes ago, Phillip Presswood said:

Mine is doing the same.  I'm worried about updating through the software itself (or other methods mentioned) as it seems some are having their installations corrupted.  Any word on why the updater in Bandlab Assistant isn't working?  Have never had this problem before, and have been super impressed with how well Bandlab has handled Cakewalk so far!

Updating through either BA or the app itself run the same installer, so if you have problems with BA getting the installer to run, download it via Cakewalk. 

• Thanks 1

@Sander Verstraten

Bandlab Assistant doesn't have a progress bar during download but does during install.  My first time install of Bandlab Assistant took about 45 minutes.   The installation is quick.

The more you use your computer the longer the initial download takes.  After multiple attempts I finally just started the download then walked away from the computer.  Sort of reminded me of the "good 'ol days" when I use to leave the computer connected to the telephone modem overnight to download a new version of Netscape.  :)

I am getting the downloading...( 0/0) msg too. At one point I clicked the X to the right of the download, and it started to install. However, it tried to FORCE me to install Melodyne. It wouldn't let me proceed without checking Melodyne. I have a full version of Melodyne installed, so I DON'T want to install the lesser version.

3 hours ago, Mark McDowell said:

I am getting the downloading...( 0/0) msg too. At one point I clicked the X to the right of the download, and it started to install. However, it tried to FORCE me to install Melodyne. It wouldn't let me proceed without checking Melodyne. I have a full version of Melodyne installed, so I DON'T want to install the lesser version.

Is this the first time you are installing Cakewalk? BandLab assistant doesn't force installing melodyne.
If it isnt working contact support and they will give you an alternate Cakewalk installer.

16 minutes ago, Noel Borthwick said:

Edge runtime is for our single sign on and google authentication when logging in to your BandLab account.
Its a one time install. We added this 2 versions ago. Subsequent app installs don't take time.

On this PC I already have 2021.04 installed.

Apparently it's still downloading.......almost 30 minutes now....

FWIW I have no intention of ever signing in using any method other than my bandlab account, I don't even use google or facebook or whatever, so do I really need this? Can I just bin it?

• Thanks 1