Got sucked in to WUP it up.

Michael Vogel

After proudly announcing that I was over GAS and in full control having only done 2 upgrades in the last couple of years, I felt quite OK doing the upgrade of Spectralayers 6 to 8, after all I had skipped V7 completely. 

That one justified purchase and another enquiry at Everyplugin.com about Melodyne Studio 4 to 5 and I’m back on the GAS. In that one evening I did Spectralayers 6 to 8, Melodyne Studio 4 to 5 and a quote for a 15% Waves WUP discount ( I own all the Waves plugins) caught me completely off guard. Now I’m done.

I was able to justify every single purchase and feel good about it. I can’t wait to come to grips with all the new features I’m going to get to play with. 

Because I use the Waves Digigrid hardware to offload plug-in processing to a server/audio interface, I’m particularly looking forward to the latest features in that area.

Along with some recent upgrades to my Raven MTi1 software and it will feel like new studio. 

Now all I have to do is workout why my DAW PC has a completely black screen when I turn it on. Always something hey!

• Like 1

Wup can add value when it adds plugins and/or additional functionality which is never for me. I go the upgrade route instead which adds a year of Wup. Waves customer service is fantastic but you pay for it. If I'm having issues it's usually all of my Waves plugins, I can buy a $29 plugin and be wupped for that.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, bluzdog said:

I go the upgrade route instead which adds a year of Wup.

How does this work? Do you mean you buy an upgrade bundle and it adds the WUP to the products you had (that are part of the bundle) or something like that? If so, that's not a bad idea.

Edited by Luc
had used the wrong word. i'm tired. :)

I own all the Waves plugins (Except Abbey Road Studio 3) and use the Waves/Digigrid hardware system for my audio and VST processing.

None of my plugins were current with some being V9 and others V11.  In the meantime there's been some important upgrades to the drivers and a few other bits of software. I was able to get a 15% discount on my WUP ($240 down to $211) from Everyplugin.com  so that was good value to bring me fully up to date on V12 for all my plugins and drivers. Unless there's an important update

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Michael Vogel said:

I was able to get a 15% discount on my WUP ($240 down to $211) from Everyplugin.com  so that was good value to bring me fully up to date on V12 for all my plugins

I had never Wup'd and really didn't see a need. But I had a lot of v9 and v10 plugins, so I figured for the price from everyplugin.com it was worth it. Now I may not do it again for a long while. But I am glad it's an option to do it or not do it. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Luc said:

How does this work? Do you mean you buy an upgrade bundle and it adds the WUP to the products you had (that are part of the bundle) or something like that? If so, that's not a bad idea.

I upgraded Gold to Diamond and it added a year to WUP. My Next upgrade if needed will be Diamond to Horizon + Restoration + Saphira + NLS, right now that's $140 and adds "12" plugins and a year to WUP.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grem said:

I had never Wup'd and really didn't see a need. But I had a lot of v9 and v10 plugins, so I figured for the price from everyplugin.com it was worth it. Now I may not do it again for a long while. But I am glad it's an option to do it or not do it. 

I did the exact thing a few months back with the WUP sale.

37 minutes ago, Yan Filiatrault said:

It’s interesting to WUP if you’re going to use the voucher to buy something else. That way, WUP can basically cost nothing, because that money can be used on other products after WUP.

But the vouchers can't be used on the sale price for items. Only based on the MSRP. At least they couldn't the last time I got one.

Edited by Bapu
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Bapu said:

But the vouchers can't be used on the sale price for items. Only based on the MSRP. At least they couldn't the last time I got one.

From Waves WUP Benefits description:

The voucher may not be combined with multiple plugin discounts

That was the only sentence dealing with anything that sounded like "Plugins On Sale"

So is a sale plug the voucher considered "multiple plugin discounts"?

Also someone like me who has almost everything that Waves has to sell, what am I going to use a voucher for like this? I could buy another bundle (such as Vocal Bundle or such) and put it on another machine. I suppose that would be use case. But for me that voucher will go to waste. About like a NI voucher!!

Here is the whole statement if anyone would like to see what we are referring to:

*** For every dollar you spend on a renewed Waves Update Plan, you will receive a Waves voucher for the same amount. This voucher may be redeemed for up to 50% toward any bundle, application (e.g. MultiRack, eMotion LV1), or upgrade, or up to 25% toward any plugin, off the price at the time of redemption. The voucher may not be combined with multiple plugin discounts. The voucher cannot be used toward hardware, hardware/software combos, subscriptions (including 5-Pack), courses, the Abbey Road Studio 3 plugin, or Waves Update Plan coverage. The voucher can be used for one order only and does not carry a remaining balance. Multiple vouchers may not be combined. 

Edited by Grem

36 minutes ago, Grem said:

But for me that voucher will go to waste. About like a NI voucher!!

'zacto if I could cash in all the vouchers I've received from Waves/NI for actual cash I could buy a hover car.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Bapu said:

I think last time I had one, I could use it on sales but not when the sale had a coupon code. Like their neverending "40% off sales use coupon code whatever" can't be combined with it. But once in a while in between these sales, for a short time, there's a 40% off sale where you don't need a coupon code and that's when you can use it.

• Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 1