Copy Prochannel EQ presets to another computer

grannis

Question

Folks, I've exhausted every option I can think of - help!

I've created some EQ presets in Prochannel in CWbBL. Note that these are not Prochannel presets, just the EQ settings. I can recall them without any issue, regardless of what template I have used (so I know they are not stored in the template).

Now I need to copy them to another computer, but I can't find them..

They are not in the Prochannel Presets folder. I fact I performed a search across my whole C drive, and they were not found - which may only mean that they are not stored with a filename that I can figure out - it doesn't mean they are not saved

any ideas?

2 answers to this question

Good new and bad, for anyone with the same question...

I found them in the Registry - so theoretically I could export the registry entry and re-import...

Bad news is the registry entry is one of hundreds with GUIDs for names, so figuring out which one CWbBL is going to take any notice of might be tricky.

So (workaround) I just created a project and created a track for each preset I have and applied them to the track so I can open the project and re-save he presets on my new machine - theoretically

from http://www.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=Cakewalk&language=3&help=NewFeatures.041.html

Note: ProChannel module presets are stored in the Windows Registry under \HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cakewalk Music Software\ActiveMovie\Presets. You can export this registry branch in order to backup your presets. You can also rename and delete presets directly if you are comfortable with editing registry entries. Always back up the registry before making any changes manually.