M-Silk Theme (Updated for 2021.12)

Matthew White

My new Theme, 'M-Silk' is now available. I won't say much about this one, just check it out and you'll see more than I can describe here, I just hope the Meters don't put anyone off, I looked at the Meter Windows for both Track and Console view and thought, 'can I do something different with them for this Theme?', then had the idea of doing away with them altogether and making the unlit segments visible as a marker of where they are, not that we don't know, just that leaving the area blank felt a bit extreme. Enjoy!

Free Download Here... 'M-Silk' Cakewalk Theme

A combined total of around 150 hours, sometimes much more, goes in to creating each Theme I make, then there's more time spent to update them whenever BandLab makes changes or additions to the Cakewalk GUI to ensure any changed or new items display correctly and match the Theme, I also don't make all these Themes for myself, it's more of a hobby and to share the end results with the Cakewalk Community for their use and enjoyment at no charge, Any Tips/Donations via the following link for my time and efforts in creating and updating these are greatly appreciated, however small. Thank You! ❤️https://www.paypal.me/MatthewJohnWhite

img%5D

img%5D

Edited by Matthew White
Text Edit
  • Thanks 3

Silly me forgot to check the grid lines on the 'Piano Roll View' and just found the major rules were barely distinguishable from the beat rules, if this affects you, please download again as I have fixed the issue. 🙂 (Note to self: Don't trust mental notes) 😆

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, sjoens said:

It seems you've also been dabbling a bit into "string" theory. :ph34r:

Is that because the PRV grid lines look like strings or about something else? I didn't even know what string theory was until I just watched a video about it and now I'm wondering how it applies to my theme lol.

1 hour ago, sjoens said:

lol. It was a pun referring to the italicized track numbers in your screens shots.

Unless you photoshopped them, the only way I know to do that is edit the String line buried in the TTSRES file.

Well spotted that! I hadn't noticed and haven't changed anything. I'm guessing this may have been changed in a Cakewalk update as they look like that in all themes including Tungsten and Mercury yet the screenshots of these you see when you select the Theme show non-italic numbers, unless something weird has happened to my system. 🤷‍♂️

EDIT: Sussed it! The track view numbers are following font settings on my PC, I use Winaero Tweaker and have the font 'Cambria' Italic selected for everything other than system font.

Edited by Matthew White