Windows 11 compatibility

I just updated to Win 11 and Cakewalk start to bugging out, if i try to record anything live the audio output will drop out and i cannot hear anything, this bug occur no matter what sound device i use (I have tried internal soundcard, computer speakers, M-audio M-Track Duo, a cheap sound interface I bought from Ali), I tried all driver setting (WASAPI Shared, WASAPI Exclusive, MME...) nothing work. I'm using a Acer Aspire 3, my former laptop which is Dell Precision M6800 (running Win 10) and Asus Vivobook (running Win 7) never have this problem. Please help, thanks alot.

• 2 months later...

New Lenovo Legion laptop w/Windows 11. Mostly like it tho not a fan of all the iOS nods.

Any Win11 tweaks to make CbB work better?

Currently there's some hesitation with Play and Pause but my interface is obsolete and no Win11 drivers for it. New interface on the way so hoping it performs better.

I just upgraded to Win 11 from Win 10 on a laptop I got 6 months ago or so (not my DAW). I checked the usual optimizations, but everything carried over from what I had set on win 10. I don't know of anything specific for Win 11. Enjoy the new machine.

Edited by rsinger

• 2 weeks later...

Any advice on how to get Edirol VSC DXi synths to work with Windows 11? Just got a new Windows 11 computer and installed my old Cakewalk Home Studio from the original disk. Everything seems to work so far except that it does not recognize the Edirol VSC DXi synths. I installed the HD out of the old computer in the spare slot of the new one and ran CWHS from that installation and it still shows no Edirol VSC DXi synths even though they work on the old computer in Windows 10. The only difference I can see is Windows 11 vs 10. Tried running compatibility settings, run as admin, etc but no luck. Any ideas?

1 hour ago, Pete Rose said:

Any advice on how to get Edirol VSC DXi synths to work with Windows 11? Just got a new Windows 11 computer and installed my old Cakewalk Home Studio from the original disk. Everything seems to work so far except that it does not recognize the Edirol VSC DXi synths. I installed the HD out of the old computer in the spare slot of the new one and ran CWHS from that installation and it still shows no Edirol VSC DXi synths even though they work on the old computer in Windows 10. The only difference I can see is Windows 11 vs 10. Tried running compatibility settings, run as admin, etc but no luck. Any ideas?

I may be mistaken, but I seem to recall that most Cakewalk synths must be installed (via the official Cake installers) on the currently running Windows OS, due to registry dependencies. They are not portable synths that can be run from a file on a spare/portable drive like some plugins are.

So far Cakewalk is running fine on Win11. Only a few times it still seems to like hanging out in processes when closed forcing me to log off and back in to clear it.

CbB will do this even after just opening with no project loaded. Logging off/on can create other issues so I end up shutting it down completely.

Win11 USB issues are the same. Sometimes CbB refuses to see my (directly connected) MIDI interface when the system sees it just fine. Takes 1 or more reboots before CbB finds it.

Edited by sjoens

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Hi!

Just sparked it up for the first time this morning. Well..! First impressions are it's damn fast! Installed CW and it loads projects like lightening, perfect playback, and nice graphics. Haven't recorded anything yet.

I did some online benchmark test and these were the results:

https://www.userbenchmark.com

PC Status    
Overall this PC is performing above expectations (75th percentile). This means that out of 100 PCs with exactly the same components, 25 performed better. The overall PC percentile is the average of each of its individual components.

Processor
With an outstanding single core score, this CPU is the cat's whiskers: It demolishes everyday tasks such as web browsing, office apps and audio/video playback. Additionally this processor can handle typical workstation, and even moderate server workloads. Finally, with a gaming score of 96.1%, this CPU's suitability for 3D gaming is excellent.

Graphics
18.6% is a below average 3D score (RTX 2060S = 100%). This GPU can handle older games but it will struggle to render recent games at resolutions greater than 1080p. (Note: general computing tasks don't require 3D graphics)

Boot Drive
361% is an exceptional SSD score. This drive is suitable for heavy workstation use, it will facilitate fast boots, responsive applications and allow for fast transfers of multi-gigabyte files.

Memory
32GB is enough RAM to run any version of Windows and it's far more than any current game requires. 32GB will also allow for large file and system caches, virtual machine hosting, software development, video editing and batch multimedia processing.

OS Version    
Windows 11 is the most recent version of Windows.

System    AZW S5  (all builds)
Motherboard    AZW S5
Memory    23.5 GB free of 32 GB @ 3.2 GHz
Display    2560 x 1440 - 32 Bit colors
OS    Windows 11
BIOS Date    20230329
Uptime    0.1 Days
Run Date    Jul 29 '23 at 06:32
Run Duration    111 Seconds
Background CPU    4%

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...