Do You Remember?

freddy j

I am off on a bit of a different path again.  This is a laid back, kind of early 1960's pop ballad song.  At least that was the attempt of this number.  The subject of this song is just having an imaginary conversation with a past memory.  Not that he is unhappy or regretful but he is just enjoying a pleasant memory, 

As always any comments, suggestions, etc. will be appreciated.

I hope you enjoy.

DO YOU REMEMBER?

https://www.soundclick.com/artist/default.cfm?bandid=963481

• Like 2

Nigel/Bajan Blue stole my comments.

Also, the arpeggiated clean guitar could come down a bit when you are singing.

I get a little Roy Orbison vibe, very nice! And some nice bluesy bends as well! Overall, the mix is a bit guitar heavy for what should be a vocal-centered song, and your vocal performance is quite good indeed!

cheers,

-Tom

• Like 1

Freddy, I really like the sentiment in the lyrics.
Some kind of disconnect between the voc and instrument
not quite synced up or something?
Bluesy guitar is excellent as always.
Looks like that hurricane is headed your way?

-Bjorn

Freddy, this is a lovely ballad that I could easily hear the Beach Boys doing.  Your range of songs is amazing, and it's good to get out of your comfort zone once in a while.  As Bjorn noted, it's a little herky-jerky, but that can  smoothed out.  Btw, the video is nearly done, so stay tuned to this channel!

Jack C.,  Nigel,  Douglas,  Makke,  Tom,  tom,  John B,  Bjorn, and  Lynn.

First of all my apologies for the delay in responding.  It has been one of those periods of time where what can go wrong does go wrong.  In my case roofing problems (need a new one -- not a good time for this during rainy and hurricane season), a brief brush with preparation for and clean-up from Elsa, and a stint in the hospital for my wife, and yes - etc.

Secondly, my apologies for not responding individually but I thought it wise to get out a response sooner than later.

Thank you all for listening to this song and your comments are very much appreciated.  Y'all have made some good suggestions and I will be pulling up the working file and trying to apply some fixes.  I assume that most comments about the vox are concerning the BGV/harmonies  -- after all it couldn't be my lead singing (I jest -- of course),  Actually, a MIDI voice was used on  the BGV's (oddly enough called Voice Oohs).  I think that the balance between the two octaves used might be off and of course I will look at the timing/sync issues as well.  The guitar balancing will also be looked at.

Thanks also for all the kind comments and the encouragement!

Cheers!

• Like 1

Thanks very much for your comments Wookiee.  On this particular song I used WAV clips from both MT PowerDrum Kit2 (Free) and the now extinct Drag and Drop Drummer.  The clips from MT PowerDrum Kit are not as pliable as I would like but I do like their sound.  Thanks again.