Crash When Trying To Save

Jimlau

Not sure what changed, but now I can't save a project. Even when I open it and don't make any changes and try to save, it crashes. Any idea why this could have started happening?  Other projects can be saved just fine.

I have Version 2021.06 (Build 041, 64bit).

Edited by Jimlau

Any issues with an Early Access build should be reported in  the appropriate early access thread.

In this case 

"Crash" by itself is not very meaningful.

If there is an error message, this should be reported.

If there is a crash dump, make a mention of it as it may be requested for review.

12 minutes ago, scook said:

Any issues with an Early Access build should be reported in  the appropriate early access thread.

In this case 

"Crash" by itself is not very meaningful.

If there is an error message, this should be reported.

If there is a crash dump, make a mention of it as it may be requested for review.

It crashes in the last 2 versions (2021.04, Build 175) and even X3.

There is no error message. Not sure on a dump file. Where would it be?

16 minutes ago, scook said:

So this is not EA release specific, no need to post in that thread

WRT crash reporting in general see 

Should I post the crash dump here, or only to a formal crash report?

From the link above (emphasis added)

Sending the dump file to Cakewalk for analysis
Once you have the dump file you can put it on a share like dropbox, google drive etc. Next, log a problem report case with Cakewalk and include the link to the dump file. If a Cakewalk staff member has requested info you may also PM the dump file link to them directly this way.  Note: Dump files may include personally identifiable data so please do not post links to them publicly in the forums or elsewhere to protect your privacy.

@Jimlau A few posts below yours I posted about not being able to save but getting GENERAL ERROR.

https://discuss.cakewalk.com/index.php?/topic/31227-when-trying-to-save-a-project-i-get-general-error-which-stops-me-from-saving-no-detail/

Im just adding this here wondering does the workaround I found solve your issue too. Before hitting save, temp turn off the audio engine .. Does it save now?

Edited by aidan o driscoll

5 minutes ago, aidan o driscoll said:

@Jimlau A few posts below yours I posted about not being able to save but getting GENERAL ERROR.

https://discuss.cakewalk.com/index.php?/topic/31227-when-trying-to-save-a-project-i-get-general-error-which-stops-me-from-saving-no-detail/

Im just adding this here wondering does the workaround I found solve your issue too. Before hitting save, temp turn off the audio engine .. Does it save now?

yeah, I saw that tip, but no, didn't work.