Suddenly Can't Copy/Paste

mdiemer

Suddenly Can't Copy/Paste, without notes I copied disappearing. This is happening in staff view. I installed the latest version a couple days ago, and at first everything seemed fine. Now today, this problem has appeared. Maybe it doesn't happen in other views, but staff view is what I use, and I do a lot of copy-and-paste, so this is a huge problem.  

Actually, what it's doing is pasting to the second instrument, and moving the original to the last measure of the pasted track. So, for example, I'm copying 10 bars from the clarinet to the oboes. The oboe gets the notes I coped from the clarinet, but the clarinet's notes get shifted ahead to 10 bars. So it's not deleting the clarinet's notes, just shifting them ahead. Never seen anything like this before!

Edited by mdiemer

I think I solved this. We had a power failure, and my computer was asleep, so it had to be restarted. I think the project got corrupted. I first rolled Cakewalk back to the previous version, problem still there. That's what made me think, corruption. I decided to open the project from a different saved version, on a USB drive. The problem did not happen. This confirmed my theory, the project probably got corrupted due to the forced shutdown, and Windows' weird recovery process from same.