BIRDS IN THE EVENING FOREST

Supa Reels

19 hours ago, Lynn Wilson said:

This new sound from you is mesmerizing, as well as being light and delicate.  I enjoyed the mix as is, and would suggest taking many of these tips and incorporating them in your next song.  It has your finely tuned sense of melody, and that, to me, is your great strength!

Thanks mate, it's not something I would think would appeal to you, so your comment is well taken.  Haven't been here a lot just lately and not seen stuff like 'black dog' from you, wondered if all is well in your camp ... hope so .. take care Lynn and stay well

Steve

On 7/6/2021 at 7:50 PM, PhonoBrainer said:

Killer composition. It evokes the title very well. I think you could play more with the mixing, which is actually harder to do (I think) on this type of classical/new age/ambient stuff, than the rock and roll mixes where errors have plenty of room to hide.

One idea, when the tin whistle comes in about half way through, there is an airy sub-rumble that comes in with it . . . hear that mud down low? High Pass filter that stuff and rumble begone!

"Airy sub-rumble", I just realized, makes no sense at all. But can you hear it? Just curious. Mixing a piece like this is brutally unforgiving, because the mixing errors absolutely pop out of the spaces between. What fun!

Your piece is excellent and I look forward to hearing how your bring it along! Totally worth the effort!

cheers,

-Tom

Thanks for the excellent feedback and your observation regarding the 'airy sub-rumble' is spot on! It is embedded in the BBC sample and difficult to hide, even with a HPF ... but I'm trying EQ'ing now and if that doesn't work I'll just use another sample. Thankyou again for the feedback Tom.

ATB

Steve

2 hours ago, Makke said:

Beautiful song and arrangement.  Pleasant melody lines with joyful ambiance. Sounds nice

Thankyou Makke for your comment, I have a long way to go with this kind of stuff but it's encouraging with this kind of feedback.

Steve

2 hours ago, Paul Bush said:

Look this isnt really my thang , but i liked it and didnt turn it off, I liked the flute , and stayed with it till the end, for the first attempt you done really good job. well done cheers

Thankyou for the comment Paul .. it isn't my thang either so I'm knocked out with the feedback .. must'a caught you fellas on a good day 😉

ATB

Steve

Hi Steve the great thing about this forum is that I feel the members generally want to encourage and support each other  and thats a rare thing nowdays with all the mobbing, hate posts on the net,  so thanks for sharing ,  its always good to play out of ones comfort zone. cheers P

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1