BIRDS IN THE EVENING FOREST

Supa Reels

17 minutes ago, Wookiee said:

Sounds OK here this is just my own furry perspective the string piano balance is not quite right tin places.  Neither are prominent enough and tend to tread on each others feet.

Cheers Wooks, been looking at Guy Michelmore on the tube. This ain't my strong point so as a newbie my thanks to you for the I/P ;)

Stay well

Steve

Steve, I really like this one! Lovely melody, a bit classical sounding. I think the strings need to be toned down a bit and maybe not so much swell to them. I thought the tempo was too fast on first impression but now I'm not sure. I like the bird like high pitched flute (?).
Hope you do more of these.
-Bjorn

• Like 1

17 hours ago, bjornpdx said:

Steve, I really like this one! Lovely melody, a bit classical sounding. I think the strings need to be toned down a bit and maybe not so much swell to them. I thought the tempo was too fast on first impression but now I'm not sure. I like the bird like high pitched flute (?).
Hope you do more of these.
-Bjorn

Thanks mate, it's really a question of me getting older now and the fact that due to Covid it has been very quite in my toy room .. no work at all. As said I recently purchased a Komplete S88 to replace my Nectar 88 and it comes with a load of new sounds/samples ( I worry I may die before I get through them all ! LOL). There are so many really great instrumentals, yours among them, and although I am a words guy I thought I'd have a bash. I really like David Sprouse's stuff too as it invokes my creative edge.

Your comments are always well received my friend so look after yourself 👍

Best regards

Steve ( BTW It was a piccolo sampled from Spitfire's BBC Orchestra, which I believe has a free version if your interested ..see ya 😎)

Enjoyed the track, some good sounding sample libraries used on this. Listened on headphones & to me the cello sounds like it's from a different library than the others used. It has a slightly different timbre, sound field image (or maybe the reverb is baked in) but great job overall.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, David Sprouse said:

I like how you used the whole range of your instruments.  Piano was hypnotic.     nice tone painting of birds in a forest.  

Thanks David ...I might not do another one but I really appreciate you listening 😊

ATB Steve

23 hours ago, Hidden Symmetry said:

Enjoyed the track, some good sounding sample libraries used on this. Listened on headphones & to me the cello sounds like it's from a different library than the others used. It has a slightly different timbre, sound field image (or maybe the reverb is baked in) but great job overall.

Thanks mate ..for the record it's all BBC samples other than the NI NOIRE piano sample.  I think the mixing is off a bit but I'll play with it some more .... maybe🎻

Stay well

Steve

16 hours ago, jmasno5 said:

You know if I could write and perform like this I would always be looking for Sync opportunities so I can quit my day job.    Sounds great.  Good luck.

Thankyou for the feedback John, I am glad you liked it.

Steve

Very pleasant piece and definitely has a birdsy woodsy light open feel to it. Great first attempt. I been writing more instrumentals in recent years, if this was my piece I would have some changes in dynamics here and there for a bit of drama, and I would probably put a very low volume pad or some low notes in the bottom range to kinda bring it all together through the different phases of the song.  Enjoyed it and my imaginary trip to the woods. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, treesha said:

Very pleasant piece and definitely has a birdsy woodsy light open feel to it. Great first attempt. I been writing more instrumentals in recent years, if this was my piece I would have some changes in dynamics here and there for a bit of drama, and I would probably put a very low volume pad or some low notes in the bottom range to kinda bring it all together through the different phases of the song.  Enjoyed it and my imaginary trip to the woods. 

Thankyou for the comments, all of which I will address on a revisit . As said, when it comes to this stuff I am a newbie so I'm knocked out with your post 😊

ATB

Steve

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Douglas Kirby said:

I really enjoyed this one - very pleasant and relaxing - nicely done.  Excellent mix - sounded quite good through my headphones.

Thankyou so much mate, as said it's not my normal stuff but maybe I could get into it  .. we'll see 🙂

All the best

Steve

Killer composition. It evokes the title very well. I think you could play more with the mixing, which is actually harder to do (I think) on this type of classical/new age/ambient stuff, than the rock and roll mixes where errors have plenty of room to hide.

One idea, when the tin whistle comes in about half way through, there is an airy sub-rumble that comes in with it . . . hear that mud down low? High Pass filter that stuff and rumble begone!

"Airy sub-rumble", I just realized, makes no sense at all. But can you hear it? Just curious. Mixing a piece like this is brutally unforgiving, because the mixing errors absolutely pop out of the spaces between. What fun!

Your piece is excellent and I look forward to hearing how your bring it along! Totally worth the effort!

cheers,

-Tom

• Thanks 1

This new sound from you is mesmerizing, as well as being light and delicate.  I enjoyed the mix as is, and would suggest taking many of these tips and incorporating them in your next song.  It has your finely tuned sense of melody, and that, to me, is your great strength!

• Thanks 1