Feature request : External insert ouput

• 2 weeks later...

This is a request that has been made for several years now.

Sadly, it was never acknowledge, until almost recently, when the answer was that it was "lower on the priority list" because "Cakewalk supports other driver modes that have stereo channels so it makes it harder to do".

A program like Reaper (which I have had to start using more and more because of this problem) supports WDM, WASAPI and ASIO driver modes too, and can handle true mono inputs AND outputs. So, its not like it can´t be done.

Updates keep coming and coming, and this issue keeps getting left out. So, after so many years of requests, I wonder how long is the priority list for this to be so low? Will we ever see it solved?

Hopefully more people will join in this request... besides all those who already have over such a long timespan, including the ones that have fled to other daws in search of this feature alone, which is indispensable in a professionally oriented mixing platform.

Anyway, here is the thread from which I´m quoting Noel Borthwick:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Another longstanding bug with this, busses or aux tracks cannot be solo'd when using the external insert plugin anywhere in a project. To hear a specfific bus/aux in solo, you have to mute every other bus/aux.

Tracks can be solo'd successfully, just not busses/auxs. It can be frustrating

Edited by Light Grenade

• 1 year later...