Melodyne Studio 5

Michael Vogel

If you have Melodyne Studio 4 the upgrade to Studio 5 is $83.12 at EveryPlugin. Like others mention - this is good until 30th June. 

Out of interest, what is your main driver for wanting to upgrade? I’ve resisted so far. 

Edited by Marshall

2 hours ago, Marshall said:

If you have Melodyne Studio 4 the upgrade to Studio 5 is $83.12 at EveryPlugin. Like others mention - this is good until 30th June.

Marshall,

That's a great price for a step up from 4 to 5 studio,  I stand corrected folks!!

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Marshall said:

Out of interest, what is your main driver for wanting to upgrade? I’ve resisted so far. 

Appreciate you letting me know, thanks. I’ve saved a lot of money by not automatically upgrading every plugin and program I have. This year I’ve only upgraded to Spectralayers 8 and last year upgraded Studio One Pro 4 to 5. So thats been the lot for the last 2 years or so.

As for Melodyne itself, the new features/improvements seem interesting and for the upgrade price, good value.

From the Celemony website:

• the ability to edit pitched and noise-like components separately with the “Melodic” algorithm
  • a more musical analysis of pitch deviations
  • the Chord Track and Chord Grid for pitch editing, chord recognition
  • the Fade Tool and Leveling Macro for editing dynamics
  • an additional algorithm (“Percussive Pitched”) plus other algorithm improvements
  • search functions for keyboard shortcuts, saving of shortcut sets

• Like 1

15 hours ago, treesha said:

I think 5 is a great tool. I use the fade and leveling a lot. The deesing /noise feature is so easy. The chord features. I use it for different reasons multiple times in each song since i have it. 

Hi Treesha

Like Marshall I have resisted so far as I really don't use Melodyne that often - however i saw you mention the Chord features - what exactly are those features?

Thanks

Nigel

For me the chord identification with a label at the top of the grid is helpful because I honestly could not tell you the key or some chords in any of my songs. There is a chord grid that is white for notes that are in that chord or might go with it. Theres a snap feature that can move material to the white spots. With multi tracking you can align stuff up between tracks, take out or put in notes, use a chord split over a few tracks/instruments or if  a note sounds goofy or wonderful find out what note it is and fix it or accentuate it. For me as an untrained experiment with stuff songwriter its been very helpful and fun both creatively and repairingly. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Bajan Blue said:

Hi Treesha

Like Marshall I have resisted so far as I really don't use Melodyne that often - however i saw you mention the Chord features - what exactly are those features?

Thanks

Nigel

• Thanks 1