Point to / Change installation folder

Arjen Fortuin

Hi!
This feature request is an odd one, as the reason for it having to exist is... odd.
I got myself a new drive and reinstalled my DAW software on it. I then realized it got a drive letter from Windows pretty far out in the alphabet so I changed it to be D; right under my C boot drive in explorer. :)

Most programs could deal with this drive letter change, however Cakewalk could not. I can now no longer update Cakewalk, as the installer tells me it can not find the program on the disk with the drive letter the disk had when Cakewalk was originally installed.

Now I admit it'd be great if Microsoft got their act together and fixed things like this. It's probably all to do with the registry system. A system Linux apparently doesn't need... and is the source of many issues in Windows.

Now.. to the actual feature request, if you hadn't seen it coming by now: Could you add a way to point to the install folder(s?) if the installer can not detect the installation drive? Perhaps this is better suited to the Bandlab Assistant, though; to have the Bandlab Assistant app point to the install drive and clean up the registry and such?

Sincerely,

Arjen