Coming soon - Channev by Analog Obsession

FranciscoJ

• 2 weeks later...

This looks great! 

I wonder how he comes up with his algorithms etc?  Does anyone know if the dev actually models real units?  🤔

After the hiccup with changing his website a while back, he's been really cranking out the plugins!  I haven't used them yet, but am thinking it might be about time to try some of them out.

I hope the Patreon model is working for him.  👍

It seems good to me that he is earning well for everything he does and dedicates, if it is to everyone's taste or not it is another topic like the waves plugins there are many who do not like them but even so there they are still making money without be questioned for how much they earn.

1 hour ago, Esteban Villanova said:

yeah, I remember him saying that he could do it full time for $800 a month, which means he's way over the target.

where I live that would be enough to pay for the rent of a dumpster... if you find two roommates 

3 minutes ago, FranciscoJ said:

It seems good to me that he is earning well for everything he does and dedicates, if it is to everyone's taste or not it is another topic like the waves plugins there are many who do not like them but even so there they are still making money without be questioned for how much they earn.

I was thinking about waves too... I thought, these guys are earning more than $5k a month, what's their excuse to not even update the UI of all of their plugins?

1 minute ago, Monomox said:

I was thinking about waves too..

My Windows 10 PC came with Waves MaxBass as part of the Sound System.  I've been told that some car stereos are also equipped with Waves technology.  So my WAG is that the plugin market is a secondary source of income behind the licensing for PCs and car audio systems....

12 minutes ago, mibby said:

My Windows 10 PC came with Waves MaxBass as part of the Sound System.  I've been told that some car stereos are also equipped with Waves technology.  So my WAG is that the plugin market is a secondary source of income behind the licensing for PCs and car audio systems....

yeah, you are  right: 

The Waves Maxx® suite of audio and voice modules with Waves Nx® 3D audio enhances the sound experience on millions of laptops, tablets, smartphones, smart speakers, headphones, and is available on SoCs from the world's foremost chip makers. Learn more about Waves technologies for consumer electronics at maxx.com.

https://www.streetinsider.com/Business+Wire/Waves+Maxx+Audio®+Sound+Enhancement+Technology+Is+Now+Available+On+Knowles+Advanced+Audio+Processors/16796910.html

I suppose that means we're stuck with this

image.png.e8a4b5babc28519baf874539a857f2d1.png

LOL

Edited by Monomox
  • Haha 2

Tested briefly last night.  The interface could use a better design as the layout isn't ideal from a human factors perspective.

Interesting pushing a gain knob way up and not getting a volume increase....that can be pretty cool once you mentally get your head around it.

Can't say I was getting sounds I prefered out of it quickly compared to some of the PA channel strip options though.  EQs didn't seem as musical as some of the alternatives on quick adjustments but I'd reserve opinions until I'd actually grasp the interface and do more testing.

a nice freebie, but the real question is will it replace something I've paid for?   Not convinced yet, but will absolutly install it on computers where I haven't authorized/don't have enough authorizations for a paid product.   

• Thanks 1