ValhallaDelay

Hidden Symmetry

18 minutes ago, Hidden Symmetry said:

No, you said "In this day and age, $100 for a single normal effect plug-in is way over priced."

That's only your opinion & I disagree totally.

It happens to be the opinon of an educated consumer.  Feel free to disagree with the opinion itself.  

I know plenty of people agree that $30 is the new standard for basic plugin effects thanks to the current market.  

Edited by Brian Walton

5 minutes ago, Mesh said:

Whoah there partner......you paid $75 for guitar pick?

https://shop.bluechippick.net/tad100-1r/

For my personal playing got it about 8-9 years ago, still looks brand new, and I don't lose guitar picks.  

I will say tonally I prefer the $50 TAD80.  But I like the 2.5mm feel.  

(many tone seakers pay very high prices for Real Tortoise Shell on the "black market," this is a reasonable alternative that is legal and lasts longer) 

Edited by Brian Walton

8 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

https://shop.bluechippick.net/tad100-1r/

For my personal playing got it about 8-9 years ago, still looks brand new, and I don't lose guitar picks.  

I will say tonally I prefer the $50 TAD80.  But I like the 2.5mm feel.  

(many tone seakers pay very high prices for Real Tortoise Shell on the "black market," this is a reasonable alternative that is legal and lasts longer) 

Wow, that's impressive. Don't know if that'll improve my playing though.....there's no substitute for talent. :D

11 minutes ago, Mesh said:

Wow, that's impressive. Don't know if that'll improve my playing though.....there's no substitute for talent. :D

Lots of factors there.  If you play acoustic with a .50 mm pick, I would sugget experimenting with other picks.  

JazzTone 208s are a cheap alternative that sound good, but they wear down much faster.  

https://www.jimdunlop.com/search.do?query=JD-Jazztones&msg=custom

The BluChip is expensive (the raw material is crazy expensive, they are not charging that becuase they think they are better than other companies, they do so to make any profit).  It does have some unique properties, they matieral glides off the strings yet feels grippy to the touch, never found another material like it.  It also wears far more slowly than normal material.  It is perfectly cut with CNC machines, the bevel you won't find on cheap picks.  I don't think it is worth it for every guitar player.  But I truly expect it to last the rest of my life and it makes tens of thousands of dollars worth of guitars sound better than a $1 pick does and has a consistancy to it, since it doesn't wear, so it can "slighly" improve playing as well as you get used to the exact same thing every time you pick it up and use it.  

A pick can have a dramatic impact on tone, beginner and advanced player alike.  Of course the $75 is not just about the tone itself, other things get in that ballpark for less.  

• Like 1

updated to 1.0.3-

Reduced feedback noise in BBD mode. For minimum noise, turn Age down to 0%. We've seen a 50 dB improvement in the noise floor, compared to the 1.0.1 version.

Fixed bug in VST3 / Cubase 10 with loading presets

New Windows installer, with improved default VST 2.4 installation locations, and the ability to select VST3 installation location.
If you've already purchased ValhallaDelay, just log into your user account and grab the 1.0.3v2 installers. New purchasers get the 1.0.3 installers by default. The demo links have been updated to 1.0.3 as well.

• 2 weeks later...

A few more updates, current Version: 1.0.6

Changes since 1.0.5:

Improved sound in Ping Pong Style with low values of feedback

Changes since 1.0.3v2:

VST3 now shows up w/proper channel configurations in Reaper, Bitwig, Cubase 10, Studio One, FL Studio

VST3 feedback no longer cuts off after 12 seconds when playing 1-shot sample in Cubase

Much lower memory footprint for the plugin. I’ve basically cut it in half, if not more

Fixed bug introduced in 1.0.4v4 beta, where VST 2.4 was mono

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

I downloaded the trial version and never had a chance to try it....... Well today I bought it with out a test drive and I found my new goto Delay - it is amazingly good and covers more ground than I could ever imagine.