ValhallaDelay

Hidden Symmetry

Set The Controls For The Heart Of The Sun

ValhallaDelay_RevPitch-768x357.png

ValhallaDelay is our take on classic and modern delay and echo units. Tape Echo, BBD, old-school digital, pitch shifting - we've got you covered. ValhallaDelay offers the classics, and expands them into new dimensions, with the unique Ratio and Quad delay styles, the Ghost mode (which adds frequency shifting), and a powerful diffusion section that can create anything from smeared echoes to ethereal reverbs.

ValhallaDelay has seven different delay Modes:

Tape: Modeled after vintage tape echoes, with all the features and quirks that were loved in the old hardware.
    HiFi: A higher fidelity Tape Echo, where the ability to precisely sculpt the sound is in your hands. .
    BBD: A dark, low fidelity bucket brigade delay model.
    Digital: A cleaner, higher bandwidth delay, with the ability to dial in digital dirt.
    Ghost: A Valhalla DSP original! Combines the tape model from the HiFi mode with frequency shifting and a unique diffusion algorithm, for sounds that will split your skull in two.
    Pitch: A digital delay with added pitch shifting. Perfect for micro-shifting vocals, adding harmonies to synths, creating vast shimmering soundscapes, or shrieking sounds that forever spiral upwards or downwards.
    RevPitch: Reverse pitch shifting! Everything that goes in, comes out reversed.

Five tape Styles, for controlling the number of delay voices:

Single: Same delay length & modulation for left and right channels.
    Dual: Independent delay lengths for left and right channels.
    Ratio: The right channel is set to a ratio of the left channel, and the feedback of left and right channels is mixed. Perfect for sounds that slowly transition from delay to reverb-esque.
    PingPong: A delay that bounces between the left and right channels, with the ability to set the left and right delays independently.
    Quad: Models the multi-head tape echoes of the 1960s and 1970s, with up to 4 delay taps on tap.

Cool features:

Delay lengths ranging from 0 msec to 20 seconds. Dial in choruses and flangers, slapback echoes, longer delays, or long Frippertronic loops.
    Sync the delay to the beat, with straight/dotted/triplet options. Or, control the length via milliseconds.
    Age control, for adjusting the artifacts of the delay mode. Clean and shiny, old and dusty, or anywhere in between.
    Powerful Diffusion section, that can be used to smooth out the attacks of delays, or can be an amazingly smooth and lush reverb in its own right. Up to 20 seconds of diffusion time possible!
    Era control, for selecting between different variants of the delay modes.

Available NOW! $50.00
https://valhalladsp.com/shop/delay/valhalladelay/

Edited by Hidden Symmetry
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, Hidden Symmetry said:

not a deal it's the regular price

We may have a different definition of a deal.

Don't recall Sean ever offering his plug-ins at a discounted price.

Do consider $50 a good deal for this plug-in though.

• Like 2

Anybody got this?? I made a solemn vow NEVER to buy another plugin - but I mean, Valhalla - I have all their stuff and use it all the time - and of course I have so many delays I need another like a hole in the head.....but...you know how it is. But before I break my vow, can someone tell me a good reason not to buy this!!

Cheers

Nigel

53 minutes ago, Bajan Blue said:

Anybody got this??

I tried it out this morning, it's an excellent plugin. Easy to use, fully featured. If I didn't already have a few of the same quality I'd probably buy it. Think there might be a few issues with it though. It acted & sounded a bit strange, could be minor release bugs. 

I need to spend a bit more time with it but overall a solid release.

52 minutes ago, Bajan Blue said:

can someone tell me a good reason not to buy this!!

Because you have so many other delays?  ;)

I'm going to wait until this one simmers a bit.  I've got lots of other delays too.  Plus, I can't imagine needing another delay after EchoBoy.  I think he may have been a little too slow getting this one out.  A couple of years ago, I'd have snapped it up!

23 hours ago, Hidden Symmetry said:

I haven't tried this yet buy I'm sure it's a good plugin. One might consider it a deal at $100.00. I just meant there's no intro price for this new release.

In this day and age, $100 for a single normal effect plug-in is way over priced.  (Melodyne doesn't count).

$50 is reasonable because of the lack of DRM and great sound.  If it was locked to one authorization, $50 is $20 above $30, which is the benchmark these days.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Hidden Symmetry said:

It's relative. A deal is only 'good' if it warrants it for the user.  There are plugins I'd spend more than $100.00 on rather buying ones costing less that I might not need or ever use. DRM rarely comes into mind for determining a purchase, unless it's totally whack.

What effect plugins are worth more than $100 to you, that a comperable product does not exist for the $30 sale price from the likes of Waves or Izotope?

I agree with relativity, but I'm hard pressed to think of an effect plugin that justifies a $100+ price point in this day and age.  The ones that are relate to packages such as Izotope or extremly advanced capabilites like Melodyne Studio.    The point has nothing do with the buying plugins that cost less that you might not need or ever use.  It is about comperable products at the $30 or less price point which would serve the same purpose.   I'd like an example of something worth $100+ for a typical effect.   This isn't they year 2000 any longer and the market has changed.  I just can't think of any.  

Many of us own multiple machines and DRM can be a real pain.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

What effect plugins are worth more than $100 to you, that a comperable product does not exist for the $30 sale price from the likes of Waves or Izotope?

I can think of two companies that make plugins worth the high price: UAD and FabFilter. 

1 hour ago, Brian Walton said:

I agree with relativity, but I'm hard pressed to think of an effect plugin that justifies a $100+ price point in this day and age.  The ones that are relate to packages such as Izotope or extremly advanced capabilites like Melodyne Studio.    The point has nothing do with the buying plugins that cost less that you might not need or ever use.  It is about comperable products at the $30 or less price point which would serve the same purpose.   I'd like an example of something worth $100+ for a typical effect.   This isn't they year 2000 any longer and the market has changed.  I just can't think of any.  

Many of us own multiple machines and DRM can be a real pain.  

I don't know where you this pulled this arbitrary $100.00 figure from. And you say it doesn't include Melodyne or Izotope, what makes them the exceptions,  because you think they're  so 'advanced'?

Anyway here's a perfect example for you. The latest plugin I tried that I'm considering buying well over $100.00 is Vertigo's VSC-3 comp. It kicks ass & totally worth the coin for me, maybe not for you.  I could think of  several more but the point is moot.

Edited by Hidden Symmetry

I wandered into an old audio pros forum a couple of days ago, while doing a little research on the Waves WNS plugin.

I paid less than $24 at EveryPlugin.com. List today is $499. The peeps on the forum were comparing WNS to Cedar's software implementation of their own hardware. WNS was $600, while the Cedar plugin was $3000. WNS wasn't as good/effective as Cedar, but for the "excellent" price of the WNS, it gave Cedar a good run for the money. VSTs, AAXx and AUs didn't exist yet.

So, for me to be able to clean up the audio for my YouTube vids for under $25?

We live in good times!

Well, mostly.

On 4/16/2019 at 11:13 PM, Hidden Symmetry said:

I haven't tried this yet buy I'm sure it's a good plugin. One might consider it a deal at $100.00. I just meant there's no intro price for this new release.

1 hour ago, Hidden Symmetry said:

I don't know where you this pulled this arbitrary $100.00 figure from. And you say it doesn't include Melodyne or Izotope, what makes them the exceptions,  because you think they're  so 'advanced'?

Anyway here's a perfect example for you. The latest plugin I tried that I'm considering buying well over $100.00 is Vertigo's VSC-3 comp. It kicks ass & totally worth the coin for me, maybe not for you.  I could think of  several more but the point is moot.

A direct quote from you, so not arbitrary.

Melodyne and Izotope (above the $30 sale price versions) are effectivly a suite of plugins not a single effect.  Both have versions in the $30-60 range on sale.  

I have not used the Vertigo VSC-3 comp.  But have not used a comp that is significanly better than other $30 on sale offerings.

I agree with the poster above that FabFilter and UAD makes excellent stuff.  Personally I think other less cost offering get results of a similar quality....and I use Evidence Audio cables and have a $75 guitar pick.  

12 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

A direct quote from you, so not arbitrary.

Melodyne and Izotope (above the $30 sale price versions) are effectivly a suite of plugins not a single effect.  Both have versions in the $30-60 range on sale.  

I have not used the Vertigo VSC-3 comp.  But have not used a comp that is significanly better than other $30 on sale offerings.

I agree with the poster above that FabFilter and UAD makes excellent stuff.  Personally I think other less cost offering get results of a similar quality....and I use Evidence Audio cables and have a $75 guitar pick.  

No, you said "In this day and age, $100 for a single normal effect plug-in is way over priced."

That's only your opinion & I disagree totally.