"Pali Face", a fuzzy spacey instrumental

bats brew

15 hours ago, John Maar said:

The Time Is Magic and Stay are in da house! Rocking TTIS first. Excellent title tune!

aw man, that's so cool!!

let me know what you think about them....

they were sequenced to work as continual listens, like the old classic rock albums were typically laid out...

2 hours ago, batsbrew said:

aw man, that's so cool!!

let me know what you think about them....

they were sequenced to work as continual listens, like the old classic rock albums were typically laid out...

And that's what I did. Played 'em straight through. And I don't just play CDs straight through. I generally play through an artist's entire catalog (or the parts I own).

Who takes me a LONG time to get through? For starters:

Bob Marley / Ozric Tentacles / Rush / Pink Floyd / Yes / Miles Davis / Frank Sinatra / Frank Zappa / Genesis / Peter Gabriel / Steve Hackett / Magma (!)

And the beat goes on...

P.S. If you're not familiar with Magma, check them out. I've been a fan since 1980, but they've been around longer than that. French band. Christian Vander (drums) is the leader. Don't worry if you don't speak French. They use a made-up language called Kobaian.

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/entertainment/sdut-magma-concert-preview-2016mar09-htmlstory.html

Very prog!

On 5/2/2019 at 10:33 AM, John Maar said:

And that's what I did. Played 'em straight through. And I don't just play CDs straight through. I generally play through an artist's entire catalog (or the parts I own).

Who takes me a LONG time to get through? For starters:

Bob Marley / Ozric Tentacles / Rush / Pink Floyd / Yes / Miles Davis / Frank Sinatra / Frank Zappa / Genesis / Peter Gabriel / Steve Hackett / Magma (!)

And the beat goes on...

P.S. If you're not familiar with Magma, check them out. I've been a fan since 1980, but they've been around longer than that. French band. Christian Vander (drums) is the leader. Don't worry if you don't speak French. They use a made-up language called Kobaian.

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/entertainment/sdut-magma-concert-preview-2016mar09-htmlstory.html

Very prog!

well THAT is pretty bad @ss!

heheh

thanks john!

When Seventh Records remastered and re-released Magma's entire back catalog (including a bunch of 'official' bootlegs), I ordered all of it at once. Seventh threw in a t-shirt and a bunch of other merch. Very cool!

Finding Magma's LPs in the US was hit or miss. I only had about half, and none of the videos or boots.

I was in a happy place!

Edited by John Maar

3 hours ago, batsbrew said:

tracked the vox today, 
with my somewhat recently damaged pneumonia-addled voice...

new song title: Lost Dream

Coolio!

Which will wind up sitting perfectly in the mix for some unreproducible reason.

Edited by John Maar

56 minutes ago, Leadfoot said:

Hey bats, how you doin man? I haven't been around in a while and was looking forward to hearing some more stuff from you. But when I clicked the link soundcloud said "We can't find this sound."

Did you take it down?

Gone for me, too.