"Pali Face", a fuzzy spacey instrumental

bats brew

On 4/16/2019 at 9:47 AM, Lynn said:

"If you're lookin' for texture, you've come to the right place"

hey lynn!! yes, textures-r-us with this one,

i'm doing a lot of experimenting with this new fuzz pedal i got,

and i'm using some songs that i'm in the middle of writing, to throw down some 'textures'.

i'm also playing two keyboards on this one, so it sounds different than my usual guitar centric stuff.

On 4/16/2019 at 2:34 PM, Douglas Kirby said:

I thought the fuzz sounded good - I like the song too.  I have an Ibanez 60's fuzz pedal which I haven't used in awhile - it sounds like "In A Godda Da Vida". I thought your fuzz was a bit different than that.

hey douglas!

thanks for listening....

inadoddadavida, a bit before my time! i don't know what kind of fuzz they used on that,

but this is a clone of a couple of different fuzzes, a jumbo bender, and a classic triangle.

it also has a brilliant little switch called 'sludge' switch, that allows you to dial in exactly how much low end you pass thru the circuit, which lets you really tighten up a phatty fuzz.

i used all settings of the pedal on this demo.

Textures indeed!!!  I absoflippinlutely loved this song.  It seems that it is hard to find any new songs that are instrumentals -- we need more instrumentals!  As usual your skills in mixing and playing are excellent but you certainly have a talent for crafting excellent music. 

On 4/17/2019 at 10:16 AM, daryl1968 said:

lovely Bats - immense in fact.

I also like your slightly unusual snare sound there

hey daryl! good ear, the snare.

that is actually 5 snares stacked on top of each other, ala superior drummer x-drums.

i may try adding a touch of verb on the end of one of the snares, to let the tail hang out a bit.

On 4/19/2019 at 8:44 AM, freddy j said:

Textures indeed!!!  I absoflippinlutely loved this song.  It seems that it is hard to find any new songs that are instrumentals -- we need more instrumentals!  As usual your skills in mixing and playing are excellent but you certainly have a talent for crafting excellent music. 

hi freddy! 

so glad you dig this one, it's a direction i'd like to explore more,

so maybe your comments help fuel that interest!

as far as the instrumental stuff goes,

i kinda feel like it's a bit of a lesser achievement, because i can just solo over almost anything, and get something out of it.

but, it IS a good backing track to solo over, because it's so simple... feels a bit like a cheat!

LOL

20 minutes ago, batsbrew said:

hey john!

it will!

(or, a cd like "The Time is Magic", or on a cd like "Stay")

:D

Some 'hey' back at you, Bob. [If you prefer Robert, just pretend I said 'Robert'. 😋]

I didn't list those 'cause I haven't bought them yet. 😄

Good thing I have an account at CD Baby! This is a good reminder.

I've still got a bunch of Bob Marley to get through (in my car), but when I get to the end of his catalog, Trouble is on top of the stack going in next. Actually, this would be a good time to pick up the other two. They'll be here by the time I'm done (this time!) with Marley.

Did I ever tell you that the Trouble CD arrived with the front insert in upside down?

The bat looked freakin' awesome upside down! What a strut!

So I left it that way!

You just keep doing what you're doing!

Edited by John Maar

1 hour ago, John Maar said:

Some 'hey' back at you, Bob. [If you prefer Robert, just pretend I said 'Robert'. 😋]

I didn't list those 'cause I haven't bought them yet. 😄

Good thing I have an account at CD Baby! This is a good reminder.

I've still got a bunch of Bob Marley to get through (in my car), but when I get to the end of his catalog, Trouble is on top of the stack going in next. Actually, this would be a good time to pick up the other two. They'll be here by the time I'm done (this time!) with Marley.

Did I ever tell you that the Trouble CD arrived with the front insert in upside down?

The bat looked freakin' awesome upside down! What a strut!

So I left it that way!

You just keep doing what you're doing!

i feel upside down most of the time.

LOL..........!

I JUST LOWERED THE PRICE... on the cd's, so your timing is great!

appreciate the support! got a new one on the way.....