Variety of Sound - looks like 64bit coming!!

TracingArcs

• 2 weeks later...
51 minutes ago, Monomox said:

the release includes VST2 versions, which I thought was not possible any more

New VST2 plugins are still possible, if the developer already has a VST2 dev license from Steinberg. However it is impossible for a new developer to acquire a VST2 developer license.

• Like 3
  • Great Idea 1

5 minutes ago, Piotr said:

So EQ is loading just after OS starts, no need even to start DAW? :)

Sometimes I wish I could just put some VSTs on my Windows audio; I would love to put a limiter on my Teams calls so I don't have to turn up the system volume and brace myself for the times when someone's mic inexplicably has a +20dB gain.

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, antler said:

Sometimes I wish I could just put some VSTs on my Windows audio; I would love to put a limiter on my Teams calls so I don't have to turn up the system volume and brace myself for the times when someone's mic inexplicably has a +20dB gain.

Feature request for Windows 11. :)

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, abacab said:

Feature request for Windows 11. :)

Just need Teams to support ASIO so you can route it to Jack and onward on demand. Or you could do some wonky workaround to get the WASAPI (or whatever it's called now) output routed into your audio interface's inputs.

Edited by sarine

9 hours ago, antler said:

With this you actually can:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/equalizerapo/

You can make any kind of VST chain you like (excluding those that only work with CbB). Another thing is, though, does it mess with your Windows audio in some ways detrimental to DAW use? I would think it does not affect ASIO side of things, but who knows.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, petemus said:

Judging from a quick try, the seem to work just fine! Baxter and Density - back to the toolbox. As well as all the others... 😁

The only thing I am missing with them is changing the controls with the scroll wheel! Else I always liked them, especially NastyDLAmkII !

30 minutes ago, marled said:

The only thing I am missing with them is changing the controls with the scroll wheel! Else I always liked them, especially NastyDLAmkII !

Have to add a suggestion for that to the VoS site comments...

3 hours ago, petemus said:

It seems we both did, @marled !   😁 

Sorry, sometimes I am a bit dumb! I did not understand that you wanted to do it yourself. I thought it is a good idea of you, so I tried! Finally I think it is not bad that we both did, it gives it more weight!

• Like 1