SI-Drum Kit

scook

The data needed to display note names in the Label pane next to the Note pane in the PRV.

I used the  SI-Drum Kit help as the data source. While one could just the existing GM definition, this shows only the sounds available in SI-Drums. I also added the labels for playing patterns.

SI-Drums,ins in on my google page or use this direct link to download.

If you need info about adding this to CbB or creating your own custom note names entries, feel free to ask in this thread.

• Thanks 2

On 6/25/2021 at 5:52 PM, scook said:

The data needed to display note names in the Label pane next to the Note pane in the PRV.

I used the  SI-Drum Kit help as the data source. While one could just the existing GM definition, this shows only the sounds available in SI-Drums. I also added the labels for playing patterns.

SI-Drums,ins in on my google page or use this direct link to download.

If you need info about adding this to CbB or creating your own custom note names entries, feel free to ask in this thread.

I'm using your instruments file as the base for an instrument file to use as the note names for VG-AMBER in prv. The names are there but not readable.

Every file i choose for "use these note names instead" have very small letters in the notes pane. Maybe minimum size 8?

Do you know what i'm missing?

• 8 months later...

Session Drummer 3 should not need one.

It, along with the BFD series and Sitala all implement the VST2.1 opcode effGetMidiKeyName.

The DAW automatically detects when this is supported by a plug-in and uses the results in the label pane instead of the default keyboard.

Here are images of the PRV label pane in my Tuncury Light Green theme (a Tungsten based theme with SONAR style light Drum and Notes panes) showing the names supplied by Session Drummer 3. I did nothing other than add the plug-in to the project and open the PRV.

US5HTjX.png

txyl05D.png

Although the theme should have no bearing on the label display.

That said it would not be difficult to create an instrument file for Session Drummer 3. 

Instrument files are text files. 

Open the SI-Drum Kit instrument definition files with any text editor, change the name of the ".Note Names" section, replace the ".Note Names" mapping with the map from the Session Drummer 3 help file (or use the names provided in the images above.) and modify the ".Instrument Definition" section to use the name from ".Note Names"

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, scook said:

Session Drummer 3 should not need one.

It, along with the BFD series and Sitala all implement the VST2.1 opcode effGetMidiKeyName.

The DAW automatically detects when this is supported by a plug-in and uses the results in the label pane instead of the default keyboard.

Here are images of the PRV label pane in my Tuncury Light Green theme (a Tungsten based theme with SONAR style light Drum and Notes panes) showing the names supplied by Session Drummer 3. I did nothing other than add the plug-in to the project and open the PRV.

US5HTjX.png

txyl05D.png

Although the theme should have no bearing on the label display.

That said it would not be difficult to create an instrument file for Session Drummer 3. 

Instrument files are text files. 

Open the SI-Drum Kit instrument definition files with any text editor, change the name of the ".Note Names" section, replace the ".Note Names" mapping with the map from the Session Drummer 3 help file (or use the names provided in the images above.) and modify the ".Instrument Definition" section to use the name from ".Note Names"

Thanks a lot Steve. I'm going to do a bit more research to figure out what's going on.

Appreciate the suggestions and knowledge. 

6 minutes ago, sjoens said:

It's your theme > black text on black keys (Piano Roll View | Grid Label Background).

My themes were started a long time ago and I did not mess with the PRV color scheme. 

I like the original SONAR Mercury/Tungsten settings and carried them over to CbB.

Never checked to see it the label pane could be changed but it appears possible.

The nomenclature is a bit confusing.

T.E. tries to also "expose" the Black Keys Backgrounds & Grid Background, but these are also listed in Preferences which overrides the T.E.

Areas not exposed: drum map label pane & black keys.

Edited by sjoens