Izotope Offer on Production Suite Pro

cclarry

I used to watch him because he was kind of funny and interesting, but a usually had some good points.  In this one, he makes an excellent point about how devs with subscriptions should be the first to have their software compatible with new hardware releases.  He was wrong about Melda however, because they do offer a subscription - or rather, a rent-to-own option, which is 100% better and a more user-centric model than a subscription IMO. 

I hate subscriptions.  Subscriptions are right behind the silliness that is WUP.

On 6/25/2021 at 11:48 AM, cclarry said:

If you own MPS4 you can get 1 Year of MPS Pro for $99

I just got MPS4 this year after literally years of waiting for sales and buying different plugins to get a manageable upgrade cost -  and I really like my Izotope plugins. However, if this is the future for Izotope, they have gotten their last penny from me.  I love Studio One as well.  But if they decide to go all subscription too, CW by Bandcamp or Reaper, here I come...

• Like 3

10 hours ago, TheSteven said:

This is exactly like the Adobe model - i.e. you don't own the subscription software and never will. Your rights to use the software evaporate once your subscription lapses.

Yes, but it doesn't revoke any existing perpetual licenses you already own.

1 hour ago, mibby said:

He was wrong about Melda however, because they do offer a subscription - or rather, a rent-to-own option, which is 100% better and a more user-centric model than a subscription IMO. 

So do iZotope - via Splice

https://splice.com/plugins/search?q=izotope

I suspect the subscription thing is just another way to pay - makes sense for commercial studios

That was a good video. And he did make an excellent point about subscription plugins not updating in time and old fashion pay for plugins working.

Subscription makes the dev's fat and lazy. Like, I got all this money coming in so I can sluff off and you can't do a damn thing about it. 

Watch me.

• Like 2
  • Great Idea 1