Izotope Offer on Production Suite Pro

cclarry

17 minutes ago, Greg said:

I didn’t get this e-mail and have MPS 4. If it’s $100 a year to stay up to date on ozone and neutron I guess I’d pay more on upgrades. 

is the $99 for one year only? 

Yes Greg...only one year, the $249 after that

As a company can understand why that model is attractive but as a user I wouldn’t be able to justify it for Izotope products.  I know people that won’t use anything other than Ozone 5 because it has that magic hehe

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Fleer said:

And then they all turn up in KU14CE …

That took a moment to sink in.  Still subconsciously don't connect NI with iZotope.

Bet that they come out with a KU14CE+ version that contains the iZotope suite.
Remember you heard it here first!

++version will cure E.D. and male pattern baldness...

Edited by TheSteven
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, Greg said:

I didn’t get this e-mail and have MPS 4. If it’s $100 a year to stay up to date on ozone and neutron I guess I’d pay more on upgrades. 

is the $99 for one year only? 

What happens after a year? If the MPS4 updates to 5 during that period, does it go back to 4  after the year elapses and you don’t re-up?

Edited by LAGinz

34 minutes ago, LAGinz said:

What happens after a year? If the MPS4 updates to 5 during that period, does it go back to 4  after the year elapses and you don’t re-up?

You'd lose access to anything you don't own a license to outside of the subscription. What they are doing is complete bullshit.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TerraSin said:

You'd lose access to anything you don't own a license to outside of the subscription. What they are doing is complete bullshit.

I’m out with them…for the same reason that I don’t WUP. I have no desire to provide these companies with a lifetime annuity. If I can’t make great music with the versions of these plugins I have now, the problem is with me.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LAGinz said:

You (probably*) don't lose your existing MPS4 perpetual license when you sign up. You may have to uninstall everything from the sub package and reinstall MPS4 though.

* I've not read the agreement for signing up, but it's probably completely separate.

I read over iZotope's subscription terms at:
https://www.izotope.com/en/subscription-terms.html

This is exactly like the Adobe model - i.e. you don't own the subscription software and never will. Your rights to use the software evaporate once your subscription lapses.
To heck with that.  I've thrown a lot of money at iZoptope over the years but I'll be spending my funds elsewhere in the future.

Regarding the NI side of the company (since they are now joined at the hip)...
I've been a big Native Instruments fanboy ever since early FM7 days but if they join the dork side (not a typo) and convert the licensing on new products to subscription models then I'll be sad to no longer be a customer - but I'll get over it.

Edited by TheSteven
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, LAGinz said:

I’m out with them…for the same reason that I don’t WUP. I have no desire to provide these companies with a lifetime annuity. If I can’t make great music with the versions of these plugins I have now, the problem is with me.

I'd be okay with spending $99/yr with them. Hell, that's nothing compared to the update costs we do with most of their products. The fact that it jumps up to the full price the following year though? Nope, I'm out.

• Like 1