PA Mega Sale

cclarry

13 hours ago, Marc Cormier said:

Just did the same.  So glad I did - it's superb.  Really hoping for another reset.  Got the ADA Delay but wish I'd opted for the flanger.  First World Problems.

Which Friedman amp, if I’m looking for more classic rock than metal?

23 minutes ago, Jim Roseberry said:

Dirty Shirly or the BE-100

BE-100 is extremely versatile (real amp or model)

I'll second that.  I had BE-100 for months and it can easily handle hard rock/metal but it can do a ton more.  It didn't have that classic rock warmth to my ear and I was looking for something lower gain/clean but warm tones and the DS-40 was exactly what I was looking for - I picked it up last night.  Between the two Friedman amps you cover a TON of possibilities.

Edited by Marc Cormier

5 hours ago, LAGinz said:

Which Friedman amp, if I’m looking for more classic rock than metal?

I own both and suggest doing a demo.  I'm more on the classic rock spectrum and wasn't interested in the 100, but found it pretty versatile and the feel is good to play.  It is noisy though.  Lower the input gain to get lower gain tones, and an external Eq can give it warmth in the mid range and top end.

The 40 is more muddy in general and it is fantastic in the sweet spot but I think that spot is a pretty narrow scope.

Also Demo the Train II and Chandler for classic rock tones.  

Edited by Brian Walton

13 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

I own both and suggest doing a demo.  I'm more on the classic rock spectrum and wasn't interested in the 100, but found it pretty versatile and the feel is good to play.  It is noisy though.  Lower the input gain to get lower gain tones, and an external Eq can give it warmth in the mid range and top end.

The 40 is more muddy in general and it is fantastic in the sweet spot but I think that spot is a pretty narrow scope.

Also Demo the Train II and Chandler for classic rock tones.  

Yeah, I’ve got the Chandler, and it’s great. Hadn’t considered Train II, since I have the IK Dr Z  Z-Wreck.

I find the Train II very similar to the Chandler for cleans and (soft) crunch. So similar that after adjusting the EQ's and playing them through the same IR's, I can barely tell them apart.

Which makes me wonder whether I need the Train II. 

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, LAGinz said:

Yeah, I’ve got the Chandler, and it’s great. Hadn’t considered Train II, since I have the IK Dr Z  Z-Wreck.

Those two are very different, I own both.

Train II has a massive gain range especially if you use the input gain control.  

Thanks for the advice guys on Friedman amps. Tipping point for me was listening to Mick from the Pedal Show play a Strat through a real BE-100 on an Anderton’s vid. Some absolutely great tones.

Edited by LAGinz
  • Like 1