PA Mega Sale

cclarry

4 hours ago, Paul Young said:

Welcome to the modern age of synth  programming called sound design  and not to be confused with music design.

Not so sure this is necessarily a "modern age" phenomena. Some early electronic "music" sounded pretty horrendous too. Of course, you could consider that modern age as well I guess. Sort of reminds me of the folk purists who squawked at Dylan when he brought electric guitars to the Newport Folk Festival in 1965. Or my parents commenting "You call that music?" upon hearing what I was listening to.

8 hours ago, Bapu said:

Make Ed Great Again?

Mixing Ed's Guitar Again?

Maybe Erik Gets All.

Most of what really piques my interest these days (since acquiring the Meldaproduction MEssentialsFX bundle) is things that go sclerch in the night. So whenever these come around, it's another nutso Unfiltered Audio effect (or two) for my collection. Of course, I already have BYOME, where they kind of give away the store in one plug-in....no matter, collect 'em all, it's more Jell-O to throw at the wall when I want to prime the pump.

On 6/26/2021 at 3:23 PM, Fleer said:

I’m thinking SPL Vitalizer for a tenner. Or the ACME optical comp, but I already have bx_opto. Or that Lindell TE-100. Or the SPL De-Essers. Voucher will probably reload in a day or two. 

@Fleer As the reset code has just been announced, I strongly recommend Lindell TE-100, it is amazing! Make sure you use the oversampling on max when processing / bouncing the final files. ACME opto comp is great beautiful colour (for Vox etc) but TE-100 is special! Just my two cents 🙂

• Like 3
  • Great Idea 1

4 hours ago, Fleer said:

Thanks! Also thinking of those SPL De-Essers. Gotta choose between those three …

I don't like de-essers... they destroy the sound too much. Better automate those esses manually... and also make fades on places when they stick out. ProAudioDSP DSM V3, can be useful or any spectral stuff, Multiplicity by DMG also can work for dessing, but manually automating works the best every single time. again just my humble opinion...

• Thanks 2

8 hours ago, ZokZTM said:

As the reset code has just been announced, I strongly recommend Lindell TE-100, it is amazing! Make sure you use the oversampling on max when processing / bouncing the final files. ACME opto comp is great beautiful colour (for Vox etc) but TE-100 is special!

What would be your use cases for the TE-100?

1 hour ago, chris.r said:

Chris I used it successfully for solo cello (live recording), other orchestra stuff, vocals and mastering. The filters are excellent the mid bands mind-blowing... you just need to get used to it how it really works... read the manual first to get the grips with it then just listen and turn, on the high band, don't think - just turn that knob... 🙂

• Like 3

2 hours ago, chris.r said:

This worked for me on a BG in a "vintage r&b" side, but perhaps because the UI has a way of helping you (well me) "hear" things a bit differently. Feels like a pultec style eq with different/more set points. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Fleer said:

Thanks! Also thinking of those SPL De-Essers. Gotta choose between those three …

+1 For the SPL De-Essers. They sound pretty good to me, especially the dual band version. I find it to be quite good and it's one of my new favorites. You should try out the demo for them, if you haven't already, in order to see if it fits your needs.

Edited by burtles101

It's going to be the elysia mpressor for me this round. I demo'd both it and Unfiltered Audio's ZIP.

mpressor sounds like it puts me in that dbx 165 zone that I've been trying to find for years. It sounds really, really good. The control that limits the amount of gain reduction was immediately useful, and it even has a few "creative" tricks up its sleeve.