I present you my new song

Nio Sebez

Greetings from Seville, Spain.
I present you one of my last songs that I have done.
Produced entirely with Cakewalk by Bandlab.

I've composed lyrics, music, inserted VSTi instruments, and
I have recorded lead vocals and backing vocals myself.
The guitar solo is also real, as well as another guitar in the background in the chorus.
I hope you like it, it is called Fear, Anger聽and it is inspired by the unfortunate moment we have gone through since the pandemic began.

In a few weeks I will introduce you to the song I am working on now entitled "Rumbling the heart", but that is still a couple of weeks away.

See you soon!

P.S. I have translated this with google, I hope it is well understood. 馃槈

(The short lyrics)

MIEDO, IRA

Vamos Caminando
Tenemos una direcci贸n
Ya casi llegando
Cambiando el miedo por raz贸n

Vamos despertando
La luz mejora la visi贸n
Ya casi llegando
A煤n queda conseguir la uni贸n

ESTRIBILLO
Basta ya de tanto miedo,
impulsado desde arriba.
No permitas que te afecte que,
te cree miedo, ira.
-----------------------------------------
Escucha tu cuerpo,
sigue la intuici贸n
Y as铆 tu alma
te guiar谩 mejor.

Sevilla, Mayo 2021
Tiempos Heroicos
------------------------------------------

FEAR, ANGER

Let's walk
We have an address
Almost arriving
Changing fear for reason

We are waking up
Light improves vision
Almost arriving
There is still to get the union

CHORUS
Enough of so much fear,
driven from above.
Don't let it affect you
cause you fear, anger.

Listen to your body,
follow the intuition
And so your soul
will guide you better.

Seville, May 2021
Heroic Times

Edited by Nio Sebez

Welcome to the songs forum.

Obviously cannot understand the lyrics, but they seem to be double tracked which adds to the confusion.聽 The Organ could do with some EQ taming on those higher frequencies that are resonating.聽 As Nigel suggest perhaps revisit the mix.

Plenty of good things here! Melody has a hook, and I get your go at the background vocals, it works! I'd also knock the organ down in volume when you are singing. Was this mixed by the organist? :)

Sometimes that delay you have on your vocal (or your background vocal?) does interfere with the clarity of the lyric.

Would love to hear where this goes - nice one!

cheers,

-Tom

On 6/26/2021 at 4:57 PM, Bajan Blue said:

Nice track, good effort.

Personally, I would look at the mix a little, the organ does get a little loud sometimes

Nigel

Thank you, you may be right, I will try to touch up the organ a little to see how it is :)

On 6/27/2021 at 4:37 PM, Wookiee said:

Welcome to the songs forum.

Obviously cannot understand the lyrics, but they seem to be double tracked which adds to the confusion.聽 The Organ could do with some EQ taming on those higher frequencies that are resonating.聽 As Nigel suggest perhaps revisit the mix.

Thank you for your advice and for having listened to it.
It's a pleasure to meet you all 馃檪

On 6/27/2021 at 5:27 PM, bjornpdx said:

Sounds good. I was expecting the chorus to be different from the verses, but every line seemed to be the same melodic phrase.Nothing wrong with that but IMO the verses could use more variety.

-Bjorn

Thanks聽Bjorn . The truth is that a little more development would be good, but I think it will stay that way, at least for the moment, I'm working on a new topic now. 馃檪

On 6/29/2021 at 1:51 AM, PhonoBrainer said:

Plenty of good things here! Melody has a hook, and I get your go at the background vocals, it works! I'd also knock the organ down in volume when you are singing. Was this mixed by the organist? :)

Sometimes that delay you have on your vocal (or your background vocal?) does interfere with the clarity of the lyric.

Would love to hear where this goes - nice one!

cheers,

-Tom

The truth is that I recorded the voices with my cell phone, that was several months ago, now I have a new microphone and most likely I will record the voices again. Thank you for your message Tom.

I missed your first version, not sure if you redid the vocals but hey good for you making do with what you had at the time (cell phone only). Its a good song and a good message.聽 I would have the vocals a little more up front in the mix, they are a little soft in style and presence, and the ending could fade a little better at the very very end, otherwise my feedback is all good ! Enjoyed it.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, treesha said:

I missed your first version, not sure if you redid the vocals but hey good for you making do with what you had at the time (cell phone only). Its a good song and a good message.聽 I would have the vocals a little more up front in the mix, they are a little soft in style and presence, and the ending could fade a little better at the very very end, otherwise my feedback is all good ! Enjoyed it.

Hello dear friend, thank you for the message. In the first version I uploaded, I think I recorded the voices with my cell phone, this time I recorded them with a microphone of a certain quality, although not very expensive.
I understand that you say that the voices are low in volume, but I did it on purpose, because I don't like how my voice turns out, I'm not a great singer, and I don't like the bass parts at all, that's why I don't want to give it too much presence. I wish I had a better voice 馃檪

Sincerely!

Nio

2 minutes ago, Nio Sebez said:

Hello dear friend, thank you for the message. In the first version I uploaded, I think I recorded the voices with my cell phone, this time I recorded them with a microphone of a certain quality, although not very expensive.
I understand that you say that the voices are low in volume, but I did it on purpose, because I don't like how my voice turns out, I'm not a great singer, and I don't like the bass parts at all, that's why I don't want to give it too much presence. I wish I had a better voice 馃檪

Sincerely!

Nio

I understand completely Nio! Most of my posted songs with my vocals have some mention of how I struggle with singing these days. I try to use many layers of backing vocals to help, and of course tune them with melodyne and just accept thats the best I can do at the moment. So I get it, and from what I can tell your voice is not bad at all ! I think many of us just dont like the sound of our own voices.

• 2 weeks later...

Love the guitar work - don't fear the vocals - put the levels up and go for it. We are all our own worst critics.

I'm with Bjorn on wanting a little more variety both in song structure and percussion - the riff feels like the song wants to lift towards the end - maybe a key change (as if anyone does those any more)? 馃槀

Look forward to hearing more of your stuff

Andy