Instrument Definitions For VST

carlcurry

Is there any way/workaround to send patch changes to a VST? The VST is Triton VST, a well done virtual of the Korg Triton. It does not expose it's bank/patch information that I can see but does respond to patch changes. I discovered this inadvertently when I rerouted tracks with other bank/patch information and the Triton munged all my patch selections I made within the VST instance.
I have a Triton .ins file I can start with and used quite reliably with my hardware Triton. I'm finding the virtual Triton a very usable 'piece of gear' and would love to save the time I waste manually setting up a combination and then often redoing it after I route tracks that have other bank/patch information in them.

Hmmm. Maybe this is a feature request in disguise. Let instrument definitions hold VST maps. The DAW landscape is as much software as it is hardware these days, might be a valuable evolution.

Any input appreciated.

Edited by carlcurry
grammar

Whoa! No s***. That's great. Thanks for the reply.
The Triton VST includes all the expansions made for the instrument. Now I just need to find the .ins for that. Me thinks I'm gonna have to try to create it - the mother of all Triton instrument definitions.
Not to mention the other 50 or so VST's I'd love to be able to do patch selection on. Suddenly I'm feeling overwhelmed :).

9 hours ago, carlcurry said:

Whoa! No s***. That's great. Thanks for the reply.
The Triton VST includes all the expansions made for the instrument. Now I just need to find the .ins for that. Me thinks I'm gonna have to try to create it - the mother of all Triton instrument definitions.
Not to mention the other 50 or so VST's I'd love to be able to do patch selection on. Suddenly I'm feeling overwhelmed :).

You should be able to import it from C:\Cakewalk Content\Cakewalk Core\Instruments\Korg.ins ... but yeah, you'll probably have to add the expansions yourself.