Humble Bundle Paint & Draw

cclarry

18 hours ago, Brian Walton said:

It is true it lacks some of the newer Photoshop niceties like AI based one click selection

Totally useless feature in most real life situations IMHO. And cutting objects from photos is part of my everiday job 🙂 

Affinity is great. There's still some imperfections and some really strange design decisions (like there IS Auto-levels as destructive filter, but NO Auto option in non-destructive Levels adjustment layer dialog). But in some aspects it's actually even better than PS.

5 minutes ago, Eugene Tsepenuk said:

Totally useless feature in most real life situations IMHO. And cutting objects from photos is part of my everiday job 🙂 

Affinity is great. There's still some imperfections and some really strange design decisions (like there IS Auto-levels as destructive filter, but NO Auto option in non-destructive Levels adjustment layer dialog). But in some aspects it's actually even better than PS.

I have't used Photoshop as a primary application in a number of years, but honestly I think it depends on the picture.  

When I tested it out, I found a few scenarios where it could spead up a professional workflow.   But the everyday person shooting a non-professional image under controled lighting and background conditions might have less success with it.  It will need some refinement, but if you think about the time saved on getting most of it in one click, that adds up over time.  

I use Affinity Photo daily and think they could still use some refinement in the intelligent selection area.  

3 hours ago, Brian Walton said:

I use Affinity Photo daily and think they could still use some refinement in the intelligent selection area.  

I think that intelligent selection is an area that is still lacking in every editor that I have tried. Even the ones that claim "1-click", often don't.

It does depend on the picture. If the subject appears distinctly on a solid background, for example, as with stock photos used in marketing videos, your chances are better. But for real world photos with messy backgrounds, "1-click" selection is usually a fantasy. If I'm wrong and anybody can steer me to one that works under all conditions, I'm in!