Jump to content
  • 0
Gareth Coker

Critical routing error - can't resolve.

Question

Hello,

I don't think this error is tied to a recent update, but from digging around the forums it appears it may have something to do with MIDI devices and how they're assigned?

Anyway, I open up a project. I solo the synth instrument track and all it's related MIDI tracks are solo'd.

routing-1.JPG.3e83ef9fb87671dbb15654d9c83b7698.JPG

Here you can see Kontakt 1 VI is solo'ed, with activates all the related Kontakt 1 MIDI tracks.

This works fine with the next VI track(Omnisphere). I solo it and then all related Omnisphere MIDI tracks are solo'ed too.

routing2.thumb.JPG.9d4181c1be6042afea4db02026268972.JPG

Here's where the fun starts. From here on out, my remaining VIs are not syncing up with their corresponding MIDI tracks (and indeed not playing the correct sounds if they are even mapped at all). What happened?!?!?! How is this occuring?

routing-3.thumb.JPG.ba24115ae7994ae16ba1b1475f4de019.JPG

The K 2-* MIDI tracks sohuld be highlighted, but instead it highlights the Omnisphere instruments again? How?!

routing-4.thumb.JPG.27ba555bc868900ff2247320cb81042b.JPG

Likewise with the next set of Kontakt tracks. The Kontakt 3 - Choir VI should correspond with the CHOIR MIDI tracks, but instead they correspond to the Best Service Engine MIDI tracks?! How?!

I don't know if this is a Cakewalk error, or if I changed something on my system to affect this.

Irrespective of that, I can see no way to change the routing of the VI?

Any help would be appreciated, the only way around this is to start from scratch and re-route, which is a horrendous waste of time and frankly soul-destroying, especially if this is going to apply to every single old/legacy project.

Thankyou kindly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

If your instrument tracks are simple instrument tracks, you'll need to split them to get access to the underlying audio track. You can then set the audio track's input to the synth's audio output.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Have you deleted then re-inserted the same synth ?

 

Edited by RBH

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
10 minutes ago, RBH said:

Have you deleted then re-inserted the same synth ?

 

Thanks for your response. That's obviously a solution, but across multiple projects (e.g. a TV series with muliple cues) and with multiple synths per project? Absolutely not feasible especially when under time pressure. 

This applies even when starting a new project with Track Template. The routing is completely messed up.

Edited by Gareth Coker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

I've seen issues long past where you might delete a synth and not delete it's associated audio tracks - then when re-inserting the same synth the tracks associations could get confused.  I've seen issues -  ( again in the past  ) where deleting a synth could re-assign the deleted instrument audio tracks to a different synth .  I haven't run into this in along while - so maybe one of the updates has made this more stable - or more likely I was just being stupid about something.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
16 hours ago, msmcleod said:

If your instrument tracks are simple instrument tracks, you'll need to split them to get access to the underlying audio track. You can then set the audio track's input to the synth's audio output.

Oh my gosh, thankyou. Never had this problem crop up before in Sonar/CbB so the Split Instrument feature never had to be used - but a super easy fix. Thanks so much!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...