Replace audio possible?

I just re-did a song I recorded back in 1986.  I retained the original guitar solo and vocal track and replaced the rest. The vocal has a high end bleed from the singer listening on a boom box while recording her voice.  That high end squeal is driving me nuts.  After I was finished, I opened the vocal in Spectralayers to remove a lot of the shrill high end stuff and sounds better.  Am I able to import that audio into Cakewalk, kind of like "replace audio"?  I would want to keep all of my Melodyne fixes and fx.  Or, must I import and re-do the vocal edits from scratch?

1 hour ago, TVR PRODUCTIONS said:

Am I able to import that audio into Cakewalk, kind of like "replace audio"? 

Not automatically. IF you haven't bounced in the project, AND the vocal track is stored in one file, AND your replacement file is the same length, then, MAYBE you could locate the file name under the clip and then do a file system level file swap, saving the replacement as the same name as the "original".... 

And then maybe Cakewalk won't notice and will load the project and you will have your revised audio in situ.

Let us know how you get on. Back up your project first. Including the audio. Are you using Per Project folders yet?

Can you not add Spectralayers as a Tools menu item in CbB so this works transparently and automatically?

Checks his own notes...yes, you can.  I did this with v4 and it worked fine (I don't like Spectralayers though so uninstalled it):

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cakewalk Music Software\Tools Menu\SpectraLayers Pro]
"ExePath"="C:\\Program Files\\MAGIX\\SpectraLayers Pro 4.0\\Win64\\SpectraLayers.exe"
"HelpFilePath"="C:\\Program Files\\MAGIX\\SpectraLayers Pro 4.0\\Documentation\\index.html"
"MenuText"="SpectraLayers Pro"
"Type"="WaveEditor"
"StatusBarText"="Edit the selected audio event using SpectraLayers Pro"

Change paths, YMMV etc.

7 minutes ago, Kevin Perry said:

Can you not add Spectralayers as a Tools menu item in CbB so this works transparently and automatically?

While it should still work as an external editor, newer versions of SpectaLayers support ARA2.

Whether using SpectraLayers as an external editor or a Region FX, the Melodyne processing will have to be committed before additional processing or rolled back and performed after using SpectraLayers.