Theme Editor Bug

sjoens

When creating a new theme based on Mercury, the Console View background and the Browser Help Module Learn More button turn white.

Double clicking without changing the color Console View | Background #2  in Theme Editor restores the default colors.

This also happens with Sonar Platinum's Theme Editor. Maybe a long standing issue?

• Thanks 1

I'm surprised this hasn't come up before now as it also appears to have been an issue with Sonar Platinum themes... unless the CbB version of T.E. is somehow affecting Sonar's T.E. thru the registry or some other way.  ???

Trippy. I guess I've never started a theme from Mercury; I like darker themes so I usually start with Tungsten and go from there.

So the bug is that no matter what changes you make, after the first save, Console Background #2 turns white?

There are a few changes I would love to see in themeing in general, mostly elimination of fixed colors (as in can't be changed via Theme Editor or custom colors).

The worst one I've run into is that no matter how you set it, the Clip Fade Line appears in black in selected clips. That makes it so you can't make your selected clip backgrounds completely black, as I would like to be able to do.

On 6/24/2021 at 12:43 PM, sjoens said:

There are some 500 +/- colors in CbB that could be changeable. Though it would be nice it's doubtful they will all be included.

Indeed. Static images, too. Don't have to include them all, but there are a couple, like the Clip Fade Line I mentioned, and maybe the Browser background and its scroll bar. Most of them are acceptable leaving them as dark chocolate, but that darn Clip Fade Line seriously harshes my buzz as someone who likes dark themes.